Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 49 of 634 FirstFirst ... 29394748495051596999199 ... LastLast
  1. #481 Saddle Bags 
    Added some saddle bags for hard tails from Ebay for a little storage.
    Rigid and Softail Brown Leather Right Solo Saddlebag
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rigid...item19bf6e0810

2. #482 Re: Saddle Bags 
    C-Moto Senior
    Now that's cool...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

3. #483 Re: Saddle Bags 
    its a great looking bike and Barnone just makes it look all that much better
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #484 Re: Saddle Bags 
    C-Moto Senior
    thats looks so damn good =)

5. #485 Re: Saddle Bags 
    Thanks guys. These simple bobbers are the cat's meow for easy modding and Ebay is your friend. But still looking for another 200ccs or more.

I've got some bar end turn signals that I am going to install after I migrate to North Carolina in a few weeks.

6. #486 Re: Saddle Bags 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    So, nobody ended up getting one registered in NY? (What a waste of a day. 49 pages in this thread). I see a dealer local to me has these listed for sale on craigslist http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcd/2276054754.html . I'm pretty sure its the same bike. Looks like identical pictures from other web sites. I would prefer the cheaper internet prices, but if he has titles, that would save a lot of time and hastle.
    Last edited by The Other One; 05-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.

7. #487 Re: Saddle Bags 
    Other,
    That's the same bike.

A brick and mortar dealer has to charge more to make a profit so he can stay in business and support his customers. If you buy from a internet drop shipper like I did you are pretty much on your own. I've done it with four Chinese bikes. You need to be an experienced motorcycle owner/mechanic to make it work.

Dealers don't have titles, they have MSOs that are turned into titles by your state's DMV. If that NY dealer can get a Dang Fong DF250RTB titled in NY then you should be able to also.

"May-Tech inc has been in business over 25 years and will be here to service what we sell after the sale! " Very good point if it is true and might be worth the extra money.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #488 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    I am not an experienced rider/owner, but I keep my rusted out '87 Dodge Plow truck starting up to plow my driveway every winter and I keep my 725cc Briggs & Stratton V-Twin motor on my tractor running to mow 6 acres. I even watched a mechanic replace a head for me last year after I didn't notice mice had built a nest under the engine cover causing an overheating issue, bending both push rods and destroying the valves. I was annoyed when I realized that I could have done it myself.

9. #489 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I haven't registered in NY yet, but thats because I have been going through a charge back process with countyimports...
    They said they would call me over 2 weeks ago to send a truck to pick this thing up and haven't called...
    Also they wont respond to my CC co. about the charge back and they also wont respond to the BBB.
    I am starting to charge $20 a day storage fees on them but come the 25th I will be needing my parking spot back for my car and this bike will need to go on the streets so I wont have a choice to register the bike. Guess they really don't give a shit if they get this unit back or not so it must cost too much and they are gonna eat their loss.
    It only costs them $998 for one of these bikes and thats only if they aren't getting it in bulk, but then again they don't stock shit! they are just a reseller for scooterdepot.
    So shipping was to me was $200 my cost but shipping back to them is going to be $300 + I am imposing fees every day and they are now close to $600 so like I said they are most likely writing it off as a loss and don't give a shit...

Following up on the rusting issues I will take some pics but the spokes are fully rusted now even with wax protection!

10. #490 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    I haven't registered in NY yet, but thats because I have been going through a charge back process with countyimports...
    They said they would call me over 2 weeks ago to send a truck to pick this thing up and haven't called...
    Also they wont respond to my CC co. about the charge back and they also wont respond to the BBB.
    I am starting to charge $20 a day storage fees on them but come the 25th I will be needing my parking spot back for my car and this bike will need to go on the streets so I wont have a choice to register the bike. Guess they really don't give a shit if they get this unit back or not so it must cost too much and they are gonna eat their loss.
    It only costs them $998 for one of these bikes and thats only if they aren't getting it in bulk, but then again they don't stock shit! they are just a reseller for scooterdepot.
    So shipping was to me was $200 my cost but shipping back to them is going to be $300 + I am imposing fees every day and they are now close to $600 so like I said they are most likely writing it off as a loss and don't give a shit...

Following up on the rusting issues I will take some pics but the spokes are fully rusted now even with wax protection!
    Do not register that bike man. until you do it is their property, i found out about that from my insurance agent. the moment you reg the vehicle they will not take it back and you have legally taken ownership. which means that your claim becomes null and void.
    Last edited by Gardo; 05-02-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders