Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 490 of 634 FirstFirst ... 340440470480488489490491492500510540 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 6336
  1. #4891 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody87 View Post
    Barnone,

It still coughs while warm, mostly at speeds below 20mph, in first/second gear. No washer under the needle, and the jet size should be accurate, I read it off of the jets, and the bike came to me from the drop shipper in the steel crate so noone has had it prior to me.
    Oh, I am confused, I thought you had a 2010 but sound like you have a 2012. Be nice if you put you DF model and year in your signature line..

If I get another carb I may just use a Walbro. Question is, doI need to swap over the accel pump, or run without it
    Oh, I am confused,senior moment,I thought you had a 2010 but you have a unmolested 2012. Be nice if you put you DF model and year in your signature line.

Now I don't know what to tell you.

I would still be tempted to order and install the Ebay PZ30 carb just to see if it fixed the low speed sputtering.

My 2012 DF never had a low speed sputter but did have a high speed sputter which I fixed by changing the air cleaner to a less restricted one.IMG_2371.jpg

Other fixed that problem with a U shaped air intake.
    Last edited by barnone; 04-19-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #4892 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It's an unmolested 2010, not a 2012. I purchased it in early 2012, but the bike's frame tag, and the title both show it as a 2010. I might hit some of the local motorcycle stores and look into a different air cleaner/intake like your setup. I've seen that done on a good deal of DF's, and I think it's done stock on the CCW Heist.

The carb in the ebay link, and most of the ones I've found on ebay that are similar don't have an accelerator pump if the photos of the item. Shouldn't be an issue to use the one off of the Deni, although I may just see how it runs without one.
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

3. #4893 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody87 View Post
    It's an unmolested 2010, not a 2012. I purchased it in early 2012, but the bike's frame tag, and the title both show it as a 2010. I might hit some of the local motorcycle stores and look into a different air cleaner/intake like your setup. I've seen that done on a good deal of DF's, and I think it's done stock on the CCW Heist.

The carb in the ebay link, and most of the ones I've found on ebay that are similar don't have an accelerator pump if the photos of the item. Shouldn't be an issue to use the one off of the Deni, although I may just see how it runs without one.
    The air cleaner fixed my high speed sputter problem.
    I seem to remember my 2010 coming with a 90 main jet but anyway you seem to be on the right track.

I'm just thinking to replace the carb with a new one to see if that fixes the low speed sputtering (missing).
    That should eliminate the carb as a problem.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

4. #4894 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Seeing as how they put in a incorrect amperage fuse, it's entirely possible that the carb was intended for something needing a larger main jet (maybe a DF250RTC, or ATV?) I'm certain that the 167FMM factory cranks these engines out so quickly that a mixup would occur without being noticed. I'll be getting a new carb ordered today, I went to a local Honda motorcycle shop and all of the showroom floor workers were stuck-up A holes. "We don't touch Chinese knock-offs" was their response, which is funny because Japanese bikes got the same treatment when they first hit the US shores. Hopefully Chinese QC and dealer support will grow, and we'll see DF and Lifan dealers more and more in the future!

5. #4895 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Woody,
    Don't take my comment about the 90 main jet incorrectly, we had to change it for a 105 to get the 2010s to run right at high ( ) speed.

I still say the DF is not that bad quality wise.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #4896 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The racing carb sold by http://shop.clevelandcyclewerks.com/...race-only-carb which is a pumper PZ30 has a 45 pilot jet and a 105 main jet. I wonder if we need to up our pilot to a 45? I'm currently running a 40 or a 42. I'll have to pull the pilot to be sure which I am running but I think it is a 42.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #4897 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've ordered a rebuild kit for the PZ30 carb, it comes with everything to include the mixture screw (which I may have turned in too far and damaged) along with pilot/main jets. No word on jet size, I'll find out from the seller what is available and choose from there. Wouldn't a 42/45 pilot make the idle mix even more rich than it is currently?

Also ordered an upgraded ignition coil, and a frisco-mount gas tank. I'm thinking that I may need to adjust the accel pump, as it may be coming on too hard and causing some of my low speed stutter. I still need to adjust the clutch, so I'll knock this out first thing Monday afternoon. I'm more than likely going to go with a Rosso red, or something close to that color for the fenders/tank and I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I'm done.

8. #4898 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Woody,
    Yep, probably a 45 will be too rich. I might go back to a 40 from the 42.

I though your low speed sputter occurred at a constant low speed. The accelerator pump only shoots a squirt of gas when you twist the throttle.

As an aside , i put a L shaped baffle in my DFs exhaust pipe to quieten it down which it did but it also appears to have improved the top speed. More testing to follow before I give any specs. So we need more back pressure?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #4899 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've got a removable baffle in mine as well, and it did seem to help a bit with the top end. I cleaned the plug yesterday and fiddled with the mix screw since it was warm out. Got the plug to a nice tan, but then went too far and started getting a whitish deposit signaling a lean condition. More meddling today and a ride to see how it goes, the Carb kit and coil are on their way, as is the fresco tank.

CCW reported that the CDI in our bikes is DC, so I may consider a Casoli unit in the future, can't go wrong for around $18. If I get one I'll report on it. Bar end mirrors and drag bar made a huge difference in look,btw!

Lastly, I'm considering getting a Colortune spark plug, with the motorcycle thread adapter. I've heard their super handy with carbbed thumpers, and prob will help with tuning my Datsun as well...

10. #4900 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    images.jpgI tried this Casoli CDI , it plugged in just fine but I could not get any spark. Went back to the stock one and she fired right up.

You got your plug nice and tan with by just adjusting the air mixture screw? You are running a 40 with no washers right? I need to check my low speed jet to see what I'm running.

Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG