Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 491 of 634 FirstFirst ... 341441471481489490491492493501511541 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6336
  1. #4901 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    40 with no washers is correct. You should check the videos of the Colortune, if you haven't seen it before. I thought they had gone out of production, but they can be had online from the UK for around $60-70, well worth it IMHO. Thanks for the heads-up on the Casoli!

I'm having more electrical issues!! Went to fire it up, it started the first time, but bogged down a bit. Went about tuning the mix/idle speed screw (which killed the engine a few times) Went to start it again, in successive attempts the fuse blew! I swapped it out for another ceramic 15A, but no luck. I'm hoping the solenoid/CDI/rectifier isn't damaged. The ceramic fuses I've got are quick-blow, so fingers crossed that it's just another bad fuse. I've got to be patient when starting this bike after it dies, as it seems too many attempts puts a draw on the system and blows fuses.

Ran out of daylight, so it looks like more troubleshooting on my plate tomorrow, yum.
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

2. #4902 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I haven't checked my fuse but my wiring diagram which is a generic one shows a 7 amp fuse.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #4903 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That's no bueno! I've got my manual listing it as a 15A in the diagram on the back page. If you would be so kind as to see what you're currently running in your bike, I'd greatly appreciate it. The fuse I had previously was a thin-wire (quick-blow) glass fuse, rather than the ceramic. However, I've been told that as long as the fuse is equal or less (in emergencies) on amperage, equal or greater on voltage, and the same fusing method (quick/fast) it'll work fine regardless of material. I'm a communications operator in the Marine Corps, so I've got plenty of test equipment and know-how on hand, but I can't do much without a proper circuit diagram or fuse rating at the moment.

In any case, I appreciate all the assistance you've given me. Seems to me that my luck is to get it running during foul weather, and have issues during sunny days like today. Funny thing is I got even more complements on the bike while working on it at my barracks. Makes it all the more frustrating when other people ride by on their crotchrockets, enjoying the unusually calm weather.

4. #4904 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    EDIT:
    Found the fuse and it is a regular 15 amp. It is in the fake oil tank.
    Also went back to all 2012 stock on my carb. 40,105, and removed the shims under the needle.

So you are a Marine, great. I was in the USAF from 1961 to 1965 as a Mace missile technician. Spent three great years stationed in Germany. We had a neat base hobby shop there were we could work on our bikes and autos.
    I'll be in the mountains close to Robbinsville,NC in a few weeks for the summer. Great riding there.
    Last edited by barnone; 04-23-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #4905 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bobber Wire Diagram.jpg

Here you go Marine.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

6. #4906 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Speaking of wiring diagrams, since my eye sight is pretty bad, and the diagram in my book looks like spaghetti can someone maybe decifer what the colors of each wire is for the switch to the headlights/horn/turnsignal/highbeams are.I have a new switch for my bike, but it has a shorter wire run, so I will have to splice the wires, but cannot figure out which is which?
    any help would be a blessing guys. Thanks.

7. #4907 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you for the help, Barnone and SR.Mailman! We've got a hobby shop here as well, to include a rentable paint booth and welding equipment. It's an awesome setup, but I've got to get the bike running right before I can make the trip to it. At least I know I'm running the right amperage fuse now though. Voltage doesn't matter so much in this application. I've tested the fuse that I swapped to replace the one that blew yesterday, turns out that one was bad as well! Can't say if it blew whilst swapping it, or if it came bad from the factory (Radio Shack $1 fuse pack)

I'll continue working on it this Friday, and seeing as how the tank came in the mail today, work on prepping the fenders and tank for paint. I've also got the "performance" coil in the mail, and I'll post a review and link to the seller, if it works out well enough.

8. #4908 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Woody,
    Please keep us updated with your findings. Waiting on your photos.
    0406141002-00.jpg
    My 2012 DF out at the ranch.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #4909 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    curious if anyone has collision on their DF?

i insured the DF it fully over the first year as i thought it might be worthy as i got used to driving a hardtail springer...
    But now im not so sure if its worthy.

my agent says they would pay about what a "used" bike would be. thing is I doubt any one over there would ever find a listing for a used DF or the kbb value. and if they do it wouldnt be much.

dropping collision cuts my premiums for the year nearly in half.

what do you guys do.
    That's interesting as Im insured through Progressive via USAA. And Progressive told me I could not get full coverage for the beast. Im OK with this because I figure that if I screw my bike up THAT bad then my body will also be screwed up even worse and I may even be dead so who cares about full coverage. OK for my truck and Jeep but don't need it for my bike really. Liability only works fine for me and it's cheap. Full coverage on a 2k bike isn't going to do me any good if Im dead or in a wheel chair LOL.

10. #4910 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi town View Post
    Hi all, does anyone know where I can get new throttle and clutch cable for my 2012 DF?
    Search the forums. I know there is replacement info in here somewhere. I think Triumpf. Or you could use the part number and google search it to find it aftermarket or from DF parts importers. It's there, just use the search engine.