Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 505 of 634 FirstFirst ... 355455485495503504505506507515525555 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 6336
  1. #5041 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here is a diagram on how it works.

2. #5042 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    There is a clutch on the back side of the charge rotor that is made up of 3 rollers with pins and springs pushing them out. Are you talking about the flywheel as being the charge rotor? Forgive my lack of tech. Also another question.. when turning the crankshaft bolt which is the proper way to turn it, clockwise or counterclockwise?

3. #5043 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    O.K. I get it, your talking about the overrunning clutch assembly as shown on the DF parts list diagrams. I did not think about that. Maybe it is not engaging as it should. I will check that.
    Still wondering though, should the engine be turning clockwise or counterclockwise.I do not want to mess anything up when going TDC.

4. #5044 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    retracted.

5. #5045 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    O.K. I get it, your talking about the overrunning clutch assembly as shown on the DF parts list diagrams. I did not think about that. Maybe it is not engaging as it should. I will check that.
    Still wondering though, should the engine be turning clockwise or counterclockwise.I do not want to mess anything up when going TDC.
    counterclockwise
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #5046 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    cool thanks Bar. I was pretty sure of that..but ya know when you go knee deep into stuff and then your kids come by and start asking a million questions, sometimes you get distracted.

7. #5047 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    There is a clutch on the back side of the charge rotor that is made up of 3 rollers with pins and springs pushing them out. Are you talking about the flywheel as being the charge rotor? Forgive my lack of tech. Also another question.. when turning the crankshaft bolt which is the proper way to turn it, clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Most bikes don't have fly wheels like a car.The charge rotor is the part with the big magnets,but I see you have it all figured out.

8. #5048 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just for a couple of references would anyone know where I could find a replacment engine if needed? Add to that a how to on doing the charge rotor. I am pretty much on my own with this thing except for all the input that y'all give..which is greatly appreciated. But..I am looking at the cost of everything involved. Options are always a good thing ya know.
    Basically my wife asked me what a new motor would cost seeing as how this one has over 11,000 miles on it. I know they do not last forever. Thanks.

9. #5049 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just for a couple of references would anyone know where I could find a replacment engine if needed? Add to that a how to on doing the charge rotor. I am pretty much on my own with this thing except for all the input that y'all give..which is greatly appreciated. But..I am looking at the cost of everything involved. Options are always a good thing ya know.
    Basically my wife asked me what a new motor would cost seeing as how this one has over 11,000 miles on it. I know they do not last forever. Thanks.
    Unbolt the charge rotor and the starter clutch is bolted to the back of it.The big gear behind it free wheels on the crankshaft.You will need to hold the engine still to remove the charger rotor bolt.I used a chain wrench.Some put the bike in gear and hold the rear brake pedal down.The bolt goes back in with red loctite and roughly 80lbs of torque.Make sure the bolt hole,bolt,and charge rotor hole is clean and dry.They can spin on the shaft.Mine did and it welded the gear to the crankshaft.I had to use a gear puller to take it off.This is on my GS500 when it had an all stock.

10. #5050 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    wow, looks relativley simple enough. i will give it a shot. Thanks. I am not a motorcycle mechanic, I have more experience with small block chevy's. but I am mechanically inclined.