Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 515 of 634 FirstFirst ... 365465495505513514515516517525535565 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6336
  1. #5141 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    you mean who ASSEMBLES the CCW bikes in china.
    its a lifan 167FMM engine, the rest is really negligible... rims, tires, brake, bearings, and all components come from a variety of actual manufactures. Perhaps they bend and weld up the frame, though I doubt it...

why not ask CCW directly, no doubt they will insist they make it themselves, in their own factory, with American workers none the less..
    They are for all purposes the same bike. I've always wondered if our Dong Fang came first and the CCW was a special order clone? Or maybe the CCW came first and ours is the clone?

2. #5142 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    I tend to believe that the Dong Fang came first and the Heist was just a custom by CCW to charge more for it. Plus I was looking into them this past week before I got mine back on the road.
    The Heist is not offered anymore from CCW. You have to go alternate methods to get one now.

3. #5143 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    I tend to believe that the Dong Fang came first and the Heist was just a custom by CCW to charge more for it. Plus I was looking into them this past week before I got mine back on the road.
    The Heist is not offered anymore from CCW. You have to go alternate methods to get one now.
    Not suprised at all. Price structure was a little high and aftermarket parts are crazy high.

4. #5144 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Not suprised at all. Price structure was a little high and aftermarket parts are crazy high.

Your not kidding there, I checked a place that sells parts for the heist, and they want like almost $300 for an exhaust pipe. My jaw dropped when I saw that. So I looked on other sites and you can pick up just about anything for this bike if you look hard enough. And a great prices..at least i think so.

5. #5145 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Guru
    hydrualic brake switch didn't fit :p

need a threaded post about an inch longer

6. #5146 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post

DF came first by a few years from my understanding. CCW just requested some changes so they could make just different enough to sell them for double the price.

7. #5147 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    DF came first by a few years from my understanding. CCW just requested some changes so they could make just different enough to sell them for double the price.
    The price is higher, but for those who wanted the security of a local dealer or who did not want to mess with the mechicanical side of ownership, it did offer a viable option, so I can't fault their business plan. Their advertising was, to me, not completly honest. And doesn't someone over on Tha Heist forum hold the land-speed record for this series?

8. #5148 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    The price is higher, but for those who wanted the security of a local dealer or who did not want to mess with the mechicanical side of ownership, it did offer a viable option, so I can't fault their business plan. Their advertising was, to me, not completly honest. And doesn't someone over on Tha Heist forum hold the land-speed record for this series?
    I never knew of a dealer that would work on them except the few that were connected with CCW.

9. #5149 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    I never knew of a dealer that would work on them except the few that were connected with CCW.
    I was refering to the CCW Tha Heist and their "dealer network" as a reason for some to justify the higher purchase price of Tha Heist. There is a risk factor when you effectively become the dealer/warranty/repair shop by buying direct as we did the DF, so I do understand why there are those who would prefer the CCW rout and the higher price.

10. #5150 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Ya that was the flake GARDO, but his record was revoked when it was proved he was measuring his speed by invoking a shortcut through a worm hole in the 5th dimension, to yield a 90MHP 167FMM.

The title now belongs to our very own dan here; but i suspect his speedometer is also utilizing some sort of time-space altering mechanism as theorized by quantum mechanics and string theory...
    Last edited by axa; 07-09-2014 at 06:45 AM.