Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 523 of 634 FirstFirst ... 373473503513521522523524525533543573 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6336
  1. #5221 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    axa,
    It was just a suggestion, no need to go off. Also what head are you talking about? They claim that the cylinder will fit. Positive feedback at
    98.9%
    not sure how you read text with such emotion, but i write with little.
    suggestions are appreciated, though yours are usually more spot on...

anyway, for one, its a 69 mm piston thus you can guess why it wont fit, but in particular, what they measure as "Outer diameter of skirt:75mm" is far larger than the hole in your transmission.
    Another is the lower rocker mount bolt is 90° out where it needs to be, there must be a ton of others, the head is for a different motor entirely.

anxious to know how your cooler works....
    also to know if your paint job will stick to the head.
    It seems all replacement/aftermarket parts are this gray textured paint that does not only look bad, but as you would imagine the texture grabs every bit of grease and grime.

i would think it would have been important to wash it down with soap and water (if not acetone) making it impeccably clean and perhaps first priming.
    not that i know about these things...

2. #5222 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    My starter whines but wont engage the motor. Would you be interested in selling your extra starter?

3. #5223 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedub View Post
    My starter whines but wont engage the motor. Would you be interested in selling your extra starter?
    That is a bad starter clutch not a bad starter.Your starter is spinning but the clutch isn't engaging the rotor.It's completely separate from the starter.See this post for more info. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post69951

4. #5224 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yea, It's the starter clutch. Highjack, Does anybody know if that wiring change for the dim headlight on post 952 page 96 works for the long term ?
    e

5. #5225 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by 4950cycle View Post
    Highjack, Does anybody know if that wiring change for the dim headlight on post 952 page 96 works for the long term ?
    e
    "Headlight dimming issue resolved!!! After checking everything out with a friend who has a good knowledge of electrics it is confirmed as reported by Reporon that there is a blue wire with white stripe underneath the left side of the gas tank that connects to a dark green wire. It is the only single wire to single wire connection underneath the tank. For some reason as you rev the engine the voltage actually drops from the dark green wire. SOLUTION: Disconnect the wires, cap the green wire and connect the blue wire with white stripe to one of the black wires which are usually a constant 12V (backwards from the black ground we are used to). Now the headlight comes on with the ignition switch and the headlight gets brighter with the engine RPM's and maintains a constant brightness. Also happy to report that there has been no battery problems wiring the headlight that way."

Works for the 2010 DF. Any 2010 owners have a problem with headlight failure after doing this mod?
    Last edited by barnone; 08-05-2014 at 01:25 AM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #5226 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    That flawed headlight driver got me thinking...

I hate it when people just talk about things they are planning to do as talking about them seems to help they never get done, but as ive recently been developing an automation system for my lathe, ive found great success and accuracy with hall effect sensors when used with micro-controllers.

Actually they are widely used many places such as ABS sensor and cam position sensors.. but i thought my DF could use an accurate, low cost, highly functionally speedometer... A magnet would need to be machined into one of the wheel hubs.

Thing is i dont like the digital look, so id look for something analog.. not sure if that exists but id prefer it.

While at it, i will include an alternating headlight and flashing brake driver, ive always wanted those, as im often worried about being noticed...

And to really put it over the top and in to the realm of entirely useless, im going to try to include an relay in parallel with the starter triggered by blue tooth... REMOTE START!!

well ill need to find the time to get to this after the lathe project but i thought that would be pretty neat for the DF. I actually bought the components quite sometime ago but never been motivated.

Lots of time to daydream while waiting on engine parts... im going to miss the entire riding season...

7. #5227 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I am just about ready to put the new tank on.I had to bullet end all my wire harness for it to fit in and around the new tank, had to relocate a couple parts, and shave off some brackets. Now i just need to matte clear my tank, and install.. but been so busy at work, by the time I get home,I am exhausted. So probably gonna do it this weekend. Will have to decide on whether to drill into the frame and tap the holes, or just use hose clamps to affix it on> Which would you prefer?

8. #5228 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    bow,
    How about a photo of the tank sitting on your DF? Maybe then we can offer some advice.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #5229 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I removed the stripes under the clear coat, sanded out the ridges, and painted the tank and fenders flat black.

Started mounting the oil cooler. Need to install the new valve cover and attach the oil lines.

Redid the rear rack and added some small bags.
    0807141304-01.jpg0807141303-00.jpg0807141303-01.jpg0807141304-00.jpg
    Last edited by barnone; 08-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #5230 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    bow,
    How about a photo of the tank sitting on your DF? Maybe then we can offer some advice.
    Fair enough, will take pics as soon as I can.. Hitting the movies tonight after work with the guys, Guardians of the Galaxy. We're all a bunch of geeks. But will try before the weekend.