Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 565 of 634 FirstFirst ... 415515545555563564565566567575585615 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6336
  1. #5641 Re: Look out below...... 
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    How is the hunt for the replacement cable?
    Well, I managed to fabricate a cable end thanks to O'reiley Auto parts.I had to modify it,but it worked for a couple days,(still works) I just purchased a new cable from a local shop.I just separated it at the split, it had the same internal hub,and attached my existing cables from the carb. The grip end does not have a threaded end on the elbow,it just sits in it, and I find it is just about 3 inches shorter than I would like it to be. Works well riding,just parked I must make sure to turn my wheel to the right to avoid pulling on it. I am going to hunt for a longer one.It was only 8 dollars for this one, so worth the use.Surprisingly my modification cable end seems to be in great shape,and I am going to carry it with me until I find/get a longer cable. I just feel sketchy about using it,the cable end basically just squishes the cable between two screw ends after you thread it through a small hole in the center. I think if I work out a few bugs on another one,it would be way better,and maybe I will do that. But I would rather find a longer cable,with an elbow that actually screws in like the one that comes on the bike.

2. #5642 Re: Look out below...... 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Having a difficult time finding a replacement battery. I have a TET 12N9-BS that measures 5-1/4"H x 2-7/8"D x 5-1/4"W (134mm x 73mm x 134mm). Everything I'm finding is 137 x 75 x 135 or bigger. The extra height is keeping me from inserting the battery into it's box.

What have others used for replacement batteries? Exact make and model number please.

/Mike
    I buy my battery's at Walmart. They work great. Just match the size... I also recommend buying a charger.I have gone through about four battery's before I finally broke down and purchased a charger,now I have had the same battery and recharge it every couple weeks, more during colder months, and it has lasted over a year. Fact that i am saying this, I am going to recharge it tonite just because.

3. #5643 Re: Look out below...... 
    I have never had a battery last less than three years and most make it seven years with me.I don't own a charger and my bikes can sit up to 6 months before I even look at them again.

4. #5644 Re: Look out below...... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Finding a proper fitting battery has been next to impossible. I've tried everywhere: WalMart, Meijers, every Auto Parts chains stores, Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, various UMJ shops, scooter shops, on-line shops... you name it, I've been there and no one has a battery.

I'm 100% convinced that the 12N9-BS designation is WRONG. It' not a size 9 but rather, a size 7. It's not unusual for a Chinese-made part to have the wrong part number on it. I bet Dong Fang got a smoking hot deal on a few thousand mis-marked batteries.

The closest I found was a 12N7 size conventional battery but it was too deep with it's overflow bung. I want an AGM battery anyway. Very frustrating... almost as frustrating as this POS 5 characters-per-minute text editor! :(

/M

5. #5645 Re: Look out below...... 
    Finding a proper fitting battery has been next to impossible. I've tried everywhere: WalMart, Meijers, every Auto Parts chains stores, Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, various UMJ shops, scooter shops, on-line shops... you name it, I've been there and no one has a battery.

I'm 100% convinced that the 12N9-BS designation is WRONG. It' not a size 9 but rather, a size 7. It's not unusual for a Chinese-made part to have the wrong part number on it. I bet Dong Fang got a smoking hot deal on a few thousand mis-marked batteries.

The closest I found was a 12N7 size conventional battery but it was too deep with it's overflow bung. I want an AGM battery anyway. Very frustrating... almost as frustrating as this POS 5 characters-per-minute text editor! :(

/M

Try calling batterystuff.com and tell them your problem and that you are looking for an AGM battery.They can use your battery's measurements and terminal locations to match one up.Their Scorpion AGM batteries are usually around $60-$65.I have one that has lasted me seven years without being charged or letting me down.It sits 6 to 10 months per year.

6. #5646 Re: Look out below...... 
    bella,41xauzPIWNL._SX425_.jpg
    I put this one n my 2012 DF.
    http://www.amazon.com/Shorai-Lithium...A2-BS12+Shorai
    I did some enlarging of the openings for accessing the battery terminals so it was less likely to short out and also make it easier to install safely.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #5647 Re: Look out below...... 
    Stopped at Hunting Boy's on my way home carrying a can of off road diesel fuel in the trailer.

IMG_20150727_131612.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #5648 Re: Look out below...... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks barnone. I ended up ordering in a Battery Tender LiFo battery... the smallest one they make. Looks similar to the Shorai, about the size of a transistor radio. It started my Triumph Bonneville as well as the Yuasa YTX12-BS. Amazing. I ended-up cutting some scouring pad sheets to line the battery box so only the +12 terminal was exposed at the LH cutout. I've since found some foam rubber to line the box. I also added a charger pigtail.

Today I swapped the main jet from the 120 found in the carb to a 125. I really cannot say I felt a difference.

/M

9. #5649 Re: Look out below...... 
    Thanks barnone. I ended up ordering in a Battery Tender LiFo battery... the smallest one they make. Looks similar to the Shorai, about the size of a transistor radio. It started my Triumph Bonneville as well as the Yuasa YTX12-BS. Amazing. I ended-up cutting some scouring pad sheets to line the battery box so only the +12 terminal was exposed at the LH cutout. I've since found some foam rubber to line the box. I also added a charger pigtail.

Today I swapped the main jet from the 120 found in the carb to a 125. I really cannot say I felt a difference.

/M
    You will need a spec charger for that lifo battery.

10. #5650 Re: Look out below...... 
    I have that Battery Tender battery in my CT70 clone. It is dinky but does the job. I use a Battery Tender Junior charger on it so I guess that charger is OK.
    15017507883_b33fda23c6_c.jpg

I'm going to put one of those batteries in my Z50 clone too.
    0530151137a.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG