Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 578 of 634 FirstFirst ... 428528558568576577578579580588598628 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 6336
  1. #5771 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    just wonder if the motor in the 2012 DF250 RTC is the same motor. looking at this for a quick fix right now..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Dongfang-...xWXiJS&vxp=mtr
    its not. doesn't mean it wont fit, just means there's no guarantee it will.
    fwiw the original is a loncin 167fmm

so hurry up and pull that head already...

2. #5772 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    I am just researching right now, and no she did not start back after the second stall. again, all input is great. I WILL check what you suggest, for sure. But that initial thunk I got felt like something broke. but yeah, I plan on looking it over before I buy anything. It just is not an easy deal to find stuff for this bike like around the corner, so i want to get as much of a start as I can if I need to purchase a motor. I need this back and running fast.It is my ticket to freedom ( actually my ride to work, minus the grumpy but loving wife taking me everyday). If ya know what I mean. Then i got to have my mother-in-law pick me up.. oh man am I in a cluster right now. deep breathe.. count to ten.. relax.

3. #5773 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    now if you had open it up and your head looks like this:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...1NvM1ZPOThlOFU
    or if your piston looks like this:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...nd1MlV2b0ZuTU0

but you would have gotten its started again if it had...

you can check for this sort of damage by taking out the spark plug and seeing if it looks like this:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...3BNZDBCY0hKNUU

if it does unfortunately the other damage is fairly likely.
    Holly cow!!!

How you did that man!?

But guys... if you allow me... As Axa wrote, and I would agree with him, it is really small chance that engine simply died as one on pics he posted above. Spare parts for those pushrods are cheap all around the world... if you are not looking specifically for "Dong Fang" DF 250 RTB. Luckily, those engines are Chinese motorcycle engine mainstream.

BTW, those replacement engines you mentioned: you can find them easily in your neighborhood (US, I mean), both OHV and OHC engines, those who are "bolt on" solutions for your bikes.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #5774 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Low powered singles do not like to be lugged around.They'll blow.They are happiest running in their torque curve.

5. #5775 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Holly cow!!!

How you did that man!?

But guys... if you allow me... As Axa wrote, and I would agree with him, it is really small chance that engine simply died as one on pics he posted above. Spare parts for those pushrods are cheap all around the world... if you are not looking specifically for "Dong Fang" DF 250 RTB. Luckily, those engines are Chinese motorcycle engine mainstream.

BTW, those replacement engines you mentioned: you can find them easily in your neighborhood (US, I mean), both OHV and OHC engines, those who are "bolt on" solutions for your bikes.

Throw out some suggestions as to where to find easily. I would greatly appreciate it. Here in Houston, it is a tough chore. I do have a couple places I am going to check on, but over all.. forget it. Unless you can recommend some ideas.. that would be awesome.

6. #5776 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    so do we have OHV or OHC? I know they are air cooled, but unsure about the Cam Valve thing? Still learning the inners of these.

7. #5777 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    so do we have OHV or OHC? I know they are air cooled, but unsure about the Cam Valve thing? Still learning the inners of these.
    Over head valve. 167fmm aka CG250
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #5778 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Thank you again sir.

9. #5779 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Throw out some suggestions as to where to find easily. I would greatly appreciate it. Here in Houston, it is a tough chore. I do have a couple places I am going to check on, but over all.. forget it. Unless you can recommend some ideas.. that would be awesome.
    Basically, as I understand, most of the brand new Chinese 125-150-200-250 cc thumpers you can find on "E-bay", "Craigslist", online shops, are clones of the "Honda" CB engine (which is OHC) and his "slow" cousin, "Honda" CG (OHV), which all have same rear engine mounts (those around front sprocket), while those on the front or at the head cane be slightly relocated, depending on displacement, cooling system, presence of balancing shaft, but all those mods that may be required, are tool-shed-level mods. Long story - short: when you find some Chinese engine, it is... I don't wanna to exaggerate, there is 90% probability that he'll fit on your bike.

If you ask people who live in US, they will probably throw few links for some shops or sellers, so if necessary, you can pick a new "heart" for your bike.

How to determine is engine on your DF OHC or OHV? I thought that you are getting your bikes with balanced CG clones, but this link confused me - http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Dongfang-...xWXiJS&vxp=mtr . Nevertheless, here's quick identification guide for Chinese OHV engines. If you see this shiny button on left side of a cylinder - you got a OHV.
    Attached Images
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #5780 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Holly cow!!!

How you did that man!?

Zorge, do you happen to know with some authority that most if not all CG, or even 167fmm engine mounts match?
    You seem to indicate you do, your probably correct but ive never seen a second engine than my own.

ive even had trouble finding a matching cylinder body and head, so im skeptical of manufactures ability to match each other.

And the CB would never fit with the dual exhaust pipes and the dual engine cradle down tubes.

So what about the suzuki GN clones, again they look similar but....
    then we could swap in a 172fmm for the 167fmm, potential power gain.
    Last edited by axa; 04-26-2016 at 11:21 PM.