Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 585 of 634 FirstFirst ... 435535565575583584585586587595605 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 6336
  1. #5841 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    They also do not need to sell parts they should set up a taobao page in china and offer the parts. If there was a taobao page that sold all the spares for it, that would help. Put part numbers on every part, give each purchaser a parts book and use the part numbers on the taobao page.

I personally would not buy a bike that is not sold in china and does not sell parts on taobao.

2. #5842 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just wondering..
    How many taillight bulbs do you guys go through in the course of about a few month. Me I have been through like eleven of them. This hard tail is great, but these roads sure do cost me. Now to be fair, I have had some bulbs last as long as a few month.But then I replace it, and I end up going through four or five of them, until one just decides to work long.It usually is just the taillight filiment that breaks, I use 1157 sylvania bulbs. I recently purchased 10 LED style 1157 bulbs. First one I used all the solder joints broke. But this second one seems to be hanging in there.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181779534861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also purchase this new tail light assembly.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/401111581432...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But have not mounted it yet. The bulb points straight out, not sideways like the stock lamp. I am hoping this will help with the duration of the bulb life. The fixture is not exactly secured inside, just fitted. I was thinking of making a mount that has some sort of dampener under it to absorb a little of the hits the tail takes. but have not come up with anything yet. Actually kind of at a loss as to what to use. If perhaps you have a suggestion let me know. For the life of me I cannot see how the true hard tails maintain the bulb life on the taillights. Other than that she is still going strong, 19,780 miles as of this morning..

Oh yeah , also added this horn to it, came as a pair, but too big to mount both, but one is loud enough for now.so I have a spare.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272137546939...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ride safe out there. keep the wheels pointed down.

3. #5843 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Knock on wood! I haven't had to replace the taillight bulb on my DF. But now that I think about it maybe it is not working. I'll check it when I get back to WNC. I am in SWFL for a few days and the DF is in WNC.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #5844 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Back in the day of the vibrator bikes... Using a piece of rubber under ( from large truck mud flap. 1/4"thick) would some times be enough to stop the destruction,at the rear fender.(licence plate,etc.)
    Another trick is the orientation of the bulb filament from horizontal to vertical. A hot horizontal filament is more prone to stretching and breaking over bumps. How you are able to rotate the socket, will be the challenge.
    Maybe attaching to the seat,could be another option?
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

5. #5845 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Using these LED lights will be the harder part as apposed to the old filament bulbs. But I get what you are saying about the Vert/Hor line. The rubber under the assembly is about the only thing I could think of also. I was considering using a piece of a flip flop. They seem to be pretty sturdy yet soft. Was looking for a black pair this weekend, but they are all so colorful for the summer. I am sure I will find one.

6. #5846 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    bow,
    Is the led bulb holding up?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #5847 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    yes and no. First one I put in all the solder joints rattled loose.The second I am using seems to be doing better.Still working. But my taillight ( original one-have not switched to new one yet) is wigging out. not sure what it is doing.loose connection perhaps, but it goes on and off when I ride.Then I stop to fix it.. and give it a smack.. it works. driving me crazy. Anyway.The bulb seems to be good at this point.

8. #5848 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bow, Thanks for the update. I checked my taillight and it is still working but I don't have near the miles on mine as you do.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by barnone; 07-22-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #5849 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Sure is quiet here.
    Just got back from a ride to Deal's Gap and the Dragon. The Miatas are having a rally so they are out in force. They tend to get carried away on the curves and run wide into the oncoming lane. I'm sure there will be some crashes.

Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #5850 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Wow the Dragon. Always wanted to cruise that. But I live way to far to hit it. Maybe one day.

Just noticed up to 20,285 on the miles thus far. had a small issue friday.Carb jets clogged.She would just idle, could not throttle up at all.Took it apart and cleaned it, back to normal now. Have not put the new tail light assembly on yet. been real busy, plus we had rain all last week. Gonna try to put it on this week sometime. Those LED bulbs work pretty good.But the solder joints fail pretty quick on some of them. Hope that changes once I mount the new tail light with some cushion under it. I plan on cutting up a flip flop ,seem spongy enough.

I also bought a couple small LED strips to add light to the bike at night. But have yet to find the correct toggle switch I need for them.I am after something waterproof of course, but local stores( auto parts) do not carry much in the way of that. Hope to sort that out this week as well.

Am also going to add a couple small fog lights to the front. found some decent ones on ebay..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271868171838...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

should give me better view of the road at night as well. I do not ride much at night, the wife hates it when I do ..worries alot. Hope these will settle her down a little. I like night riding.