Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 614 of 634 FirstFirst ... 464564594604612613614615616624 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6336
  1. #6131 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    Well hello, Bowtie and barnone! It's been a few years since I've been here! I was looking up some info for my bike and noticed you two on here still. I'm sad to say that I am selling my bike :( If anyone in the Metro Detroit area is looking for a lightly used 2010 DF250RTB (864 miles) hit me up. You can see my build on this thread and also on youtube (same screen name). This bike has over 3,000 views from this site @ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=df250rtb Life happened, and kids, now I have no time to ride it. This bike needs a new lover. It looks just the way it did in my last post with pic. I have a new TC Bros H1 can headlight to go with it. I'm glad to see this thread is still up and current. I really wish I had time to sit and read all the posts from then to now. Barnone, I'll be heading down to the Carolina's in a few weeks, can't wait to get out of the big city. Heading to Myrtle with a stop in Charlotte (home town). If anyone in the area of Detroit is interested in the bike PM me.
    Good to here from ya again. Sad about selling your ride, but understandable. Good luck on that venture. Wish I had the funds I may take you up. But as I have been out of work for the past year.( laid off in Sept) not able to do much but keep my baby going. Actually selling a lot of my Hot Wheels collection on eBay right now just to get the cash for a new motor. If anyone is interested in some diecast (username Leftovers-guy). Anyway. Keep up with us anyway. ya never know... you might ride again.

2. #6132 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    skullworkz,
    Yep, we are still hanging in here. My DF is still running just fine with 5k miles on it. I usually ride my Ural but the DF gets to go to the Dragon at least once a week. My Indian gets a lot of attention at the Gap. I tell them it is a 1918 Indian and they are happy.
    0805171149a.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #6133 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Dong Fanger's i need your help! Rear sproket is wobbling while riding! I know somewhere in this forum someone talked about the stock sproket not being true but never came back to explain it in detail! I do plan on replacing the sproket with a smaller one but trying to make sure its not something else b4 i tear into it! How hard is it to replace the rear sproket? And if anyone has used bar-end mirrors let me know how they worked and if they look better then the ugly stock ones!

4. #6134 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    pull the rear wheel, there is a snap ring on the rear sprocket that holds it on the wheel. The four studs are bolted to the sprocket only, and slide into bushings inside the wheel. very easy to take off and switch.But you need a snap ring tool. s-l225.jpg
    9094251_2000x2000.jpgthe knid that opens when you squeeze it. with a large diameter tip for the holes in the snap ring.
    images.jpg
    studs.jpg

I recommend replacing the studs and checking the bushings if the sprocket is wobbling. Those studs are cheap metal, and since you have it apart better to put on fresh oem honda parts than one or two break and you not know until it is too late. Bushings are oem honda as well. Worth the cost. These are the part numbers for those items. When you reassemble everything be sure that you leave enough slack in the chain. Pinch top and bottom together for about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch squeeze. Also if you get a new rear sprocket, you may need a new chain. Not saying you do, but it depends on the sprocket.

5. #6135 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    IMG_20170817_185116691.jpg
    After a big run around with the shippers its finally here.

100% gonna need that sprocket change as 1st gear only goes to about 4-5 mph and the thing screams so loud at 40 it makes me nervous , also the smaller sprocket will give some room to loosen the chain up a bit.

Right off the bat there's primer that melts inside the gas gap, potentially gunking up the carb. Saw some particles of it floating in my "fuel filter" which is really just a semi transparent plastic cup with no paper filter inside (easy fix).

Definitely need a tach to set my mind at ease when cruising around. Looking at something similar to what Barnone uses.

Other than that the initial fit and finish is much the same as the bikes I see at Japanese and Harley dealers, at least in terms of plastics. Time will tell.

6. #6136 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Went for a cruise today, short ride about 15 minutes, very nice weather out here today.

Contacted Belmonte bikes about a broken speedo sensor (at the wheel). Fortunately its covered under their 6 month parts warranty. Bike certainly earns the title "made in china".

I'll be checking valve clearances and adjusting the idle speed shortly. Trying to find the air fuel mixture screw but not sure where to start aside from the carburetor lol. Believe that one of those is the source of my "bog out" in fifth gear today.

7. #6137 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mm+ View Post
    Went for a cruise today, short ride about 15 minutes, very nice weather out here today.

Contacted Belmonte bikes about a broken speedo sensor (at the wheel). Fortunately its covered under their 6 month parts warranty. Bike certainly earns the title "made in china".

I'll be checking valve clearances and adjusting the idle speed shortly. Trying to find the air fuel mixture screw but not sure where to start aside from the carburetor lol. Believe that one of those is the source of my "bog out" in fifth gear today.
    Make sure the choke is off when the bike is warmed up. That can cause your bog out.

I did not have to rejet my 2012 DF carb. What carb do you have on your 2016 DF? My 2012 has a PZ30 carb which is like the PZ26 at http://www.ccwthariders.com/uploads/...ing_manual.pdf

pz_carb_tuning_manual-page-0.jpg
    Last edited by barnone; 08-21-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #6138 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    IMG_20170821_121114042.jpg

Looks like I've got a PZ30. I'd kiss you if it was socially acceptable and we weren't both married. Thanks a million. I'll work on setting the idle speed properly when the wife gets back to watch the kids.

9. #6139 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bike idles nicely, no more sputtering under acceleration. Still getting mean backfires under decelration.
    So the Speedo sensor is on the way...

however my tail "daytime running" light and my license plate light no longer work UNLESS I apply the brakes.

Incredibly strange. Where's the fuse-box on this thing? The manuel they sent me is for some sport bike variation called the DF 250 RT

10. #6140 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    No fuse box that I know of, I think the fuse is in the "electric box". I've never had an issue with it on my two DFs. I'd check the tail light and the wiring connections at the rear of the bike.
    http://www.df-motor.com/MLC/Parts%20...0RTB(2014).pdf

Bobber Wire Diagram.jpg
    Half ass wiring diagram.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG