Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 634 FirstFirst ... 7891011192959159 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    So many nutcases want to ride with a sore arse! Amazing! I even found some earlier threads on these type of machines so the interest is sustained. They do look good.
    I hope this works out for Barnone and Gardo and that our new member Aboshi, who obviously knows his stuff, will hang around and enjoy the ride too.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #82 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'll be around and help as much as I can =)
    I have been riding motos my entire life (32) now and I started when I was 4, but due to a near fatal accident I had back on 04 stunt riding for red bull I haven't even touched a bike until 2 weeks ago and now I have the itch, so a nice slow 200cc cruiser is just the answer =)
    I really barnone and Gardo can get their bikes regged because these things look like they have so much potential.
    While doing some research on the honda clone engine I came across some high res pics of the dong fang bobber.
    http://www.autabuy.com/ViewPhoto/?I=...20BOBBER%20%20

3. #83 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    This is the engine that should come in the bobber.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/37...showimage.html
    Love to get my hands on one to see if it really is a CG125 based engine that will bolt right in.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #84 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Senior
    I don't see why it wouldn't just drop in, and even if it didn't I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fab the mounts.

5. #85 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    GOT THE BIKE TODAY!!!! Whooo Hoo looks great. The shipping cardboard was a bit dinged,and the pallet was destroyed. I made the driver wait till I checked out the bike and was satisfied that it was fine. He was impressed that I made a dolly to transport the bike from the street to my garage.

I did the initial inspection on the bike and it was pretty much fine except for a plastic fastener for the electrical cover box.i called the scooterdepot and after what felt like years on hold for their parts department (issues they stated with the phone system). I spoke with Kelly and he had me take pics and emailed them stayed on the line while I did this and asked some very intelligent questions and directed me on what should be in the pictures. Emailed them the Pics and now need to wait 5 - 9 days for the part. All in all looking at it a small bunjie will keep it shut. I have a ton of them. and they forgot my tool kit. Will post pics later. I did a more detailed inspection and it seems good to go. All the parts

I waited for my brother to get home, he lives 2 houses up, to get it out of the crate, he wanted to share the experience. He's a Harley head and likes the look of the bike.

All in all good size and Barnone your right needs drag bars or apes The seat leave much to be desired as far as cosmetics (its a rubber seat) but seems comfy enough for now.

My mother's husband is coming by on sat to do the oil change, check all fluids, tightening everything up and finally firing her up. Will let yu guys know how that goes

6. #86 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Great news, glad for you. lets hope the paperwork follows without problems. Sounds like the dealers are making just a small effort to be reasonable. Point them at this thread mate, sometimes helps when they realise that you got yours from recommendation and looking in here at Vince's original post - and that a whole world of people is watching, including possible customers like Aboshi for his four!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #87 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Jape great idea Mate, I just may do that.
    I found in the pile of paperwork with the Bike the COO found the EPA tags on the frame and the VIN is all over the bike. I emailed them today and asked about UPS 3 day with the MSO?
    Fingers are crossed.

8. #88 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Gardo,
    Good news you got your bike.

No tools came with mine either with is normally not a big deal but I've been jerked around by my seller so much that I am insisting on the crappy tools before I release the money from Paypal. Suppose to be on the way.

The guy I have been dealing with says the correct MSO and bill of sale is on the way and I hope so because I enjoy riding the bike and feel it is a blank palette.
    It sure is easy to work on. Nice and simple with no plastic to pull to change the jets or adjust the valves,etc.

It's dying to have a 500cc engine slipped in place of the 229cc current engine. A 500cc vtwin would be nice. We gotta work on that.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #89 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't just drop in, and even if it didn't I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fab the mounts.
    I'm trying to get some specifications on the 400cc engine. Maybe we could just fit the top end and crank to our existing engine. That would get around the EPA certification issues. Who is the real manufacturer of that 400cc engine?
    One of the Canadian guys over on Chnariders thinks that he can bring the engine into Canada since they have different rules. He is checking.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #90 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

Page 9 of 634 FirstFirst ... 7891011192959159 ... LastLast