Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 96 of 634 FirstFirst ... 4676869495969798106116146246 ... LastLast
  1. #951 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by evokid8 View Post
    So this will be the 1st air cooled motor bike i own, and i dont know how it will handle stop n go traffic. Should i be concerned about over heating? Any solutions like a mini fan rigged somewhere? temp gauge?
    All of the bikes I have owned have either been air cooled or air oil cooled.I have never had and issue with any of them.Maintenance is the key to the engine living a long and happy life.Only use quality oil,filters,and other fluids and the bike should last a long time.Regearing as Barnone has, will take some strain off the engine and will give better over all performance.

Barnone,I am waiting for parts for my car, and I will be in contact, if you still have the Q for sale.

2. #952 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Headlight dimming issue resolved!!! After checking everything out with a friend who has a good knowledge of electrics it is confirmed as reported by Reporon that there is a blue wire with white stripe underneath the left side of the gas tank that connects to a dark green wire. It is the only single wire to single wire connection underneath the tank. For some reason as you rev the engine the voltage actually drops from the dark green wire. SOLUTION: Disconnect the wires, cap the green wire and connect the blue wire with white stripe to one of the black wires which are usually a constant 12V (backwards from the black ground we are used to). Now the headlight comes on with the ignition switch and the headlight gets brighter with the engine RPM's and maintains a constant brightness. Also happy to report that there has been no battery problems wiring the headlight that way.

3. #953 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Babyswiss.
    Great info.

I was digging around in that area under the tank and my blue/white wire was not connected to anything so maybe that was the reason my headlight was not dimming. I did see the green wire (ground ?) but it was not connected to anything.

I'll check for the black wire which like you say should be a hot wire and try that.

Again thanks for passing on the detailed information.
    Last edited by barnone; 08-01-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: green wire not a ground?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #954 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Barnone: I'm pretty sure the green dark green wire was a live wire coming off the rectifier which was the cause of the voltage drop. We disconnected that wire and connected the black in its place. We also found that half of the wires in our electric diagram were mismarked. We were thinking that changes have been made but they didn't update the diagram. Alot of our colors were different than they showed.

5. #955 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Babyswiss,
    Yeah, the wiring diagram seems to be a generic one with features such as an alarm that the DF does not have. Next time I pull the tank off I'll check the green wire which I though was a ground with the a meter. You must be right that it is off the rectifier.

I'd still like to get the illuminater(sp) switch working but don't want to push my luck. Something to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" saying.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #956 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by grrr... View Post
    Sounds good. I am also looking at the CCW tha heist. I know it's 1k more, but I can physically see it at a dealer in Apex NC and I will be able to ride out with tags installed. What would you recommend? Risking it with the DF or going for the CCW? Thanks in advance!
    I will break protocol here, who in apex, NC, has it, with title, tags, et al... I am still moving through this thread, and, would like to confirm the veracity of your statement, grrrrr... with all do respect... and, I am an old fart, retired, and will do an introduction soonest... thanks for your consideration... cheers, -jim

7. #957 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Jim,
    Welcome to the site. What are you asking?

The Heist lists for $3195 plus dealer fees and the Dong Fang can be bought for $2199.99 delivered to your house in a crate so the difference is greater than $1000. ( http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx )

As far as I know the only states where the DF cannot be registered are CA,NJ or PA . If in doubt, check with your state's DMV,

BTW, I am also a retired old fart that likes to ride and fool with motorcycles. So far so good with my DF.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #958 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Jim,
    Welcome to the site. What are you asking?...
    ...BTW, I am also a retired old fart that likes to ride and fool with motorcycles. So far so good with my DF.
    Hi Barnone, thanks for the welcome, I do know I need to do a proper introduction... found this thread while researching the DF229cc bike... and have read every post over the last week+ as time has permitted... I broke "protocol" on posting because "grrr" mentions a dealer in apex, north carolina... did some searching and suspect it may be JT's small engine & cycle... have yet to call, only found an oblique reference to them on the interwebs, I have enjoyed your posts and experiences, still leaning to pulling the trigger on the DF, have not seen one up close and personal, and, haven't seen a heist either, hence my question to "grrrr"... cheers, -jim (and, it's a good time to be in western nc, i'm heading the other way to oriental thursday)

9. #959 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    I had absolutely no problems registering my DF in Michigan. Totally street legal. I have yet to insure the bike, so I can not comment specifically, but I assume the process and rates are similar to insuring a large scooter.

If you are buying your DF from www.scooterdepot.us, then I'd call them and ask them if they have sold any RTB's in your state and if they know of any issues. They may even refer you to a stocking dealer.

/Mike

10. #960 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    I had absolutely no problems registering my DF...
    Yes Mike, and I doubt I would have any problems here... I will just asking "grrr" from (get this) post #666 (bad omen) about the apex north carolina dealer statement for ccw... cheers, and thanks to all in this thread for all the detailed information and aftermarket links... that is why it took more than a week to read all the posts and cross-references, again thanks Mike and Barnone, cheers, -jim