Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    For example, the current price for a Beijing "A" plate is around 8,000 rmb (plus around 700 in fees). I think the Shanghai plate's market price is currently 54,000 rmb (plus fees).Attachment 3019
    For those of us already with the 沪A plate, we can let out a deep breath.
    For those in Shanghai looking to get legal....sorry:

http://www.jfdaily.com/a/2145221.htm
    刚需强劲,本月车牌价继续涨
    最低中标价47400元 平均中标价47700元
    发布者:渊渟 时间:2011-05-21 12:39:53 来源:解放牛网 新闻晚报 【收藏】[0]
    【评论0 查看】 【我要评论】 【发起话题】
    □记者 张钰芸
    晚报讯 今天上午,本月私车额度拍卖举行,9000辆的投放额度比上月足足多出了1000张,却依旧难以满足沪上车 主的强劲需求。在25708名车主的参与下,本月竞拍人数和中标价均提前“发威”,竞争异常激烈。最终,本 月私车额度最低中标价为47400元,比上月高出了1100元,平均中标价为47700元,比上月高出30 1元。

Here's the Google Translation:
    reporter Zhang Yu Yun
    Evening News this morning, private car quota auction be held this month, 9000's put many out of the full amount of the previous month 1000, but still difficult to meet the strong demand for car owners in Shanghai. In the 25,708 owners with the participation of bidders this month, both the number and the price in advance, "get angry", the competition is fierce. Finally, this month, private car line lowest bid 47,400 yuan, 1,100 yuan higher than the previous month, the average bid price was 47,700 yuan, 301 yuan higher than the previous month.

2. #22 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Thanks Motokai for the info, but let me check if I got this right : the current price for Shanghai plates is RMB 47,700 this month, up RMB 300 from last month, right ?

It's strange, one of the Chinese driver in my company told me very recently that the Shanghai plates were around RMB 50,000 this month...

3. #23 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Thanks Motokai for the info, but let me check if I got this right : the current price for Shanghai plates is RMB 47,700 this month, up RMB 300 from last month, right ? It's strange, one of the Chinese driver in my company told me very recently that the Shanghai plates were around RMB 50,000 this month...
    "Oriental Morning Post, May 22, 2011 reported that Shanghai in May released today the results of the auction private car lines, the lowest closing price of 47,400 yuan, the average transaction price of 47,700 yuan. 900 yuan respectively, up from last month."
    http://www.cnkeyword.info/shanghai-i...ction-results/

This article mentions "second-hand car plate prices already surpassed 50,000 yuan after both prices reached the highest since January 2008."
    http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Met...e%2Bcontinues/

4. #24 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Do I understand this about Shanghai correctly?

The government auctions off new car plates (47,700) but if you are not successful, and buy a car plate through the secondary market (private <-> private), it will be > 50,000?

Also, it is my understanding that motorcycle plates are not auctioned, and must be purchased through the secondary market? And because there are fewer of the special bike plates, these are more expensive?

Is that correct?

5. #25 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Here's the deal: Motorcycle plates trade exclusively in the secondary market, while car plates trade in both the secondary and auction markets, because each month the government issues a batch of new car plates. So if there are more car buyers than there are plates auctioned, the secondary market kicks into gear and prices rise. Because motorcycle plates can be transfered to cars (while car plates canNOT be transfered to bikes), bike plates in the secondary market tend to track the current auction price for car plates, with a possible premium.

Again, there are NO (zero, zilch, nada) new motorcycle plates being issued, so the ONLY motorcycle plates available are those being sold off bikes that are being 淘汰'd -- i.e., removed from circulation.

It's not a pretty picture. In effect, the number of plates available for motorcycles is fixed, and presumably decreasing. So prices will always be at least that of the current car auction price, if not higher. So far, there are sufficient numbers of taotai plates coming into the market, so bike plate prices are not skyrocketing. But that could change. Strange as it seems, a bike plate is probably a very good investment right now. I bought mine for 42k a year ago, and now it's pushing 50k. As a motorcyclist, that does not delight me, but as an investor I'm feeling OK.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #26 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Thanks Mr Euph.

For cars, does the SH government auction the same number each month, or does the quantity of new plates issued change from month to month?

Also, is it the same for the "C" bike plates? A fixed number through the secondary market? No new "C" plates for bikes?

Tx.

7. #27 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Dear LJH,

To my knowledge no new bike plates, A or C, have been issued in shanghai for years. I've asked several sources. And because bike plates can be transferred to a car, it's certainly a shrinking resource. Car plates are issued in limited batches every month, and the quantity is determined by some cryptic formula. Last November there was a big batch and the auction price plummeted to ten or fifteen grand, which had the knock-on effect of driving bike plates down in the secondary market -- creating some stress for those of us who paid full freight. Nice lottery win for the few who scored these plates, since the price leapt back over 40k the next month.

As I've said, I'd be delighted to see all the illegal bikes cleared from the streets, while we legal riders finally get some acceptance and respect. Life isn't fair but who ordained that everyone has a right to ride/drive a death trap putting everyone at risk?

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #28 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Only 4500 rmb! But I don't recognize the model ... F125GS?

http://bj.58.com/danche/6037433667333x.shtml

9. #29 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Only 4500 rmb! But I don't recognize the model ... F125GS?
    http://bj.58.com/danche/6037433667333x.shtml
    LOL.

10. #30 Re: BMW 2011 Prices (in China) 
    Ach du lieber Gott! Hier endlich kommt die neue Kinderbimmer! Ausgezeichnet!
    jkp
    Shanghai

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast