Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Manchester, New Hampshire 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just hopping in here to say hello. Been a long time car guy (VW's/Volvos) but I am interested in getting into the bike game now that I don't have any project cars to work on. Thought I would start with a CCW Heist to get in the game.

I hail from Manchester, NH. My dad has been in the motorcycle painting business for over 30 years (Fitsys Custom Paint) and has been riding for over 40 years. I've never had an interest until recently so I am hoping this is a new passion I can share with my dad.

Looking forward to the times ahead!

Adam

2. #2 Re: Hello from Manchester, New Hampshire 
    Adam welcome to the MCM, lots a great bikes being talked about over here and excellent people on this forum. As a Heist owner I have to say its become my favorite ride and a lot of fun too. There is a Heist thread in the Street sub forum. Check it out and happy riding mate.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #3 Re: Hello from Manchester, New Hampshire 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Ikeacar,

Welcome to the forum. I never had a Volvo, but I rebuilt my fair share of early Type III Veedubs in my college days. Loved the air-cooled 1600cc pancake, and really loved the early Bosch fuel injection, which consistently gave me a trouble-free 40+ mpg in a super versatile car (squareback) way back in the 1970s. (I still cannot understand why car fuel consumption has progressed so little in these four decades.)

Crazy that your dad's around motorbikes 24/7 and you've never been interested! The apple that fell far from the tree, I guess. Yet I can easily relate, as i didn't ever ride a motorcycle until I bought one on my 52nd birthday, and I've never looked back. Hope you didn't wait that long. But better late than never!

Looks like the Heist is a fun ride, and has no lack of enthusiasts in this forum. I remember there's at least one other bobber buyer up in New Hampshire. Can't remember if he bought the Heist or the Dongfang. MyChinaMoto is a great place to read about both!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Hello from Manchester, New Hampshire 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey thanks guys. Euphonius, I actually had a 73 Type III Fastback. Such a fun car to drive. So easy to work on as well. Love the simplicity of those cars. Can't wait to get on a bike!

Adam

5. #5 Re: Hello from Manchester, New Hampshire 
    Welcome Ikeacar, i use to have a volvo, a 740 estate, it was silver , kind of executive shape, lost the exhaust on the way home from Glasgow , actually about 7 miles from Glasgow and had to drive all the way home to Dundee sounding like a TANK, lost the muffler and catalyst right up to the head near enough, lol those were the days, livi in China now, lol what an eye opener.

Anyhoo good luck