Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: 23.000km of China on a Yamaha TZM 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shanghaisean View Post
    all i would liek to know is hwo did u keep getting enough oil

i love 2 strokes but they ``consume`` oil its not like 4 strokes when u add oil in ur good for say 2500km before a change, 2 strokes consume oil. so did u take tones of bottles or were lucky to always find 2 strokes oils in any little shops.
    aaaaaaah Sean.... the guy who sold me the TZM back in 2006.....and said it was road legal and no problems at all.............

yeah dude....
    the documents where not fake but duplicated a couple of times on more than one bike....
    so in Oct. 2007 i got the bike confiscated in downtown and it took me 3 weeks to get it back after endless discussions. I basically went every day with my wife to the police station to bug them. finally they gave in as i convinced them that the bike is not legally registered but legally owned by me as i had a "contract" written in english and in chinese with you written on the back of a KFC menu.....+ 1300 RMB punishment and storage fee....

so yeah you lied/cheated me when you sold it.... BUT...
    No Problem....
    Look, if I didnt bought the TZM from you who knows if I ever made my crazy tour all over china and met my wife with it....
    so
    Thank you!

but please dont sell bikes to other foreigners anymore ;)
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

2. #22 Re: 23.000km of China on a Yamaha TZM 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyokid View Post
    aaaaaaah Sean.... the guy who sold me the TZM back in 2006.....and said it was road legal and no problems at all.............

yeah dude....
    the documents where not fake but duplicated a couple of times on more than one bike....
    so in Oct. 2007 i got the bike confiscated in downtown and it took me 3 weeks to get it back after endless discussions. I basically went every day with my wife to the police station to bug them. finally they gave in as i convinced them that the bike is not legally registered but legally owned by me as i had a "contract" written in english and in chinese with you written on the back of a KFC menu.....+ 1300 RMB punishment and storage fee....

so yeah you lied/cheated me when you sold it.... BUT...
    No Problem....
    Look, if I didnt bought the TZM from you who knows if I ever made my crazy tour all over china and met my wife with it....
    so
    Thank you!

but please dont sell bikes to other foreigners anymore ;)

Hi, glad to see u had fun on it. actually i had no idea the plates were duplicated as i was stopped a few time and checked by the cops and never had any issues so i genuinely believed that the bike plate was 100% good to go.
    I am advertising my tzm now online and i clearly state in the ad that the bike has only a fake plate, seriously its my ethics.
    If you had a receipt for the bike you could have got it back in 3 days without much questions at all, i can hook you up with a guy that runs a bike import co and they can issue u legitimate receipt and import license, i got such a receipt last year when my 400cc honda was taken and i got my bike back 2 days later, receipts are most important.

on the point about noisy 2 strokes, yeah there is a more `fun factor` with 2 strokes for sure, pity about the smoke fumes though:P and 2 strokes are easier to fix.

are you still in shanghai?

3. #23 Re: 23.000km of China on a Yamaha TZM 
    C-Moto Regular
    wow,its u!!!
    I read ur wife's post on tianya website last summer
    so many ppl speak strange on strange side,so she didnt finish her story,its a pity
    I love her,sorry,its yours story

2 days ago,on chinese twilter i say u guys photo again,haha

tomas.jpg

@全球新鲜资讯:【花费4W欧洲自驾游】一位中国女孩和一个德国男孩,骑着湘A牌照的摩托,从上海到德国,再从德国环游欧 洲,历时4个半月,花费4万。4万块可能是一个名包,也可能是北京一平米的房价,但是得到的和留下的肯定远 远不及一趟刻骨铭心的旅程。趁年轻 赶快留下点什么吧~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123