Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Looking for a NOS Dual sport Helmet 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok, so about 90 bucks or so. If you have one, is it worth it? Is the construction that of a $90 helmet? Would i be better buying something else over here and painting it?

Honestly I just like the paintjob a lot.

2. #22 Re: Looking for a NOS Dual sport Helmet 
    That would be nice, still OK at $85.
    maybe try http://taobaofocus.com/order
    I haven't used them (yet) but others have recommended them and the site seems clear and concise

pir_eeng.gif

However a flat black one somewhere local would certainly have the right safety ratings for your state/country.
    Mine, fully safety rated, full face with visor was only AU$60. But you get what you pay for past that point, and usually you get stickers all over them from the manufacturers! Mine is plain black but I have stuck black(white reflective) tape on it.

It wouldn't take much to get a good image printed as a sticker, cheap enough in print shops if you get a good high res image - you can also do that on your home computer printer with the right decal sheet, about a dollar or two each last time I did it, laser or inkjet. That way you could do some for the 'bike as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Is that website saying its 560 yen? That is like 7 bucks in US Dollar
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #23 Re: Looking for a NOS Dual sport Helmet 
    I dunno, it's a cheap helmet compared to the bigger brands. Construction wise, you get what you pay for. My biggest gripe is the visibility, but i mean you can still out of it! I don't love it or hate it, it's a decent helmet. I also mainly bought it because it looks cool, you can probably find a better helmet for that money but it'll look like everything else...

4. #24 Re: Looking for a NOS Dual sport Helmet 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    At risk of leading this thread astray, I've been trying to find a local supply of the Scorpion EXO 900 "transformer" helmet, which in one of its permutations does look a bit like the NOS. Well maybe not. But the girl is obviously well qualified.

There are tons of listings for this helmet in taobao and the price is pretty nice at 950 RMB (US$144), but no one I've contacted has had any stock.

I really want to try a convertible helmet, and this is even better since you can pull the chin piece off altogether and use it in open-face mode with the flip-down shades.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #25 Re: Looking for a NOS Dual sport Helmet 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If you do not find one over there, I can look around over here for you, then ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    At risk of leading this thread astray, I've been trying to find a local supply of the Scorpion EXO 900 "transformer" helmet, which in one of its permutations does look a bit like the NOS. Well maybe not. But the girl is obviously well qualified.

There are tons of listings for this helmet in taobao and the price is pretty nice at 950 RMB (US$144), but no one I've contacted has had any stock.

I really want to try a convertible helmet, and this is even better since you can pull the chin piece off altogether and use it in open-face mode with the flip-down shades.

cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123