Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Replacement exhaust for BTS GY200. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Can anyone out there help, please ? The can on my '06 GY200 is rotting through, and I'm looking for a replacement. The frontpipe and mid section seem ok, and I'd like to replace the can with something a bit lighter, that won't rot ! I have seen the full systems available from the likes of china parts, but they aren't really doing it for me ! Have had a trawl through ebay, but its slim pickings at the mo. Anyone any ideas ? Cheers. N

2. #2 Re: Replacement exhaust for BTS GY200. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear neilmac,

I see you are new here. Welcome to MCM.

Can you tell us a bit more about this bike of yours, the BTS GY200? I found this review from a few years ago saying the BTS stands for British Trackstar, with the not-so-helpful explanation that BTS "import them from China". Any idea who actually makes the bike, if it's cognate with any of the many other 200cc China bikes in this forum? It would be hugely helpful for you if you (we) could determine whether the same bike is marketed under other brands, as this would provide additional channels of support and parts.

Please tell us a bit about yourself, and don't be shy with pix. Can we see this beast?

welcome again, and cheers!
    Last edited by euphonius; 02-08-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Replacement exhaust for BTS GY200. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Euphonius,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I will get some pics up as soon as possible. The bike is the off road style, and has been marketed in the UK as the Zogshen GY200, and the Sukida Crosser GY200. It has the upright Honda clone engine, based on the old XL, I believe. The bike is used for the daily commute (tight, twisty lanes), and getting muddy at weekends. The only mods so far are knobbly tyres, a set of bark-busters, preload turned up, and the fork oil changed. On a personal note, I've been riding on the road for a good few years (ZZR's, ZXR's, VFR's, CBR's), off road for longer (still average !), and a few years trackday experience (CBR's 6 and 9).
    Cheers, N

4. #4 Re: Replacement exhaust for BTS GY200. 
    For some reason finding decent cheap mufflers always seems to be a problem outside of China. Many use cheap $40 pit-bike mufflers you wouldn't think would work, some pay for fmf ones. I too would like to see some good sources of different mufflers for a 200cc dualsport!

The most comprehensive and quite incredible list of mods and resources for your bike in its Zongshen incarnation is over at our friend's place (one of the mods is a parts dealer and enthusiast for this bike) - so in fairness I have to point you at it but make sure you come back here and tell us how you go and what you do please! Give 'SpudRider' a PM and tell him we sent you across.
    http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8673

I found a decent exhaust here
    http://www.bikebandit.com/fmf-univer...cc-500cc-1-1-4
    and here
    http://powersport-superstore-inc.ama...B000WJ7RRI.htm
    but haven't checked to see if they ship worldwide, gives you an idea anyway

Can any china based folk show us some similar we can buy and get shipped (easily) from there please?

I am a bit confused about pipe sizes too, this one says 1 1/4 inch but I thought universal was 38 mm in mufflers? Which is what I think I need, not sure about your bike pipe size though. You wouldn't want to restrict it.

UPDATE: that muffler from USA to Aus adds another $111 (bikebandit replied instantly which is excellent service), makes it a bit expensive for me, you may find something better close to home I hope.
    Last edited by jape; 02-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: Replacement exhaust for BTS GY200. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Looks like your bike is the Zongshen GY200, sometimes called Zongshen ZS200GY. Strange, I'm not finding that on the Zongshen website.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)