Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    thank very much i jus found most of the links out of date.
    all Ebay posts go out of date when the auctions end but usually they repost or you can always go to the shop main site and search, even send them an email, takes a couple of mouse clicks and about three brain cells to do

- some of you lot are just lazy I think, that is one machine there are dozens of exhausts for
    try the pitbike sites as well if you are serious and not just wanking, you may have to actually get a ruler and measure your pipe diameter or something really taxing

and then of course, as shown by laurpat, you could make one!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #12 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by laurpat View Post
    ...I've stuck on a polished staineless pipe - 2 angles and then staight all the way!
    Dear Laurpat, would be very interested to know about post-operative sound levels, and sound quality. Maybe you can shoot 30 seconds of video and post it up to youtube, vimeo or viddler so we can all hear the sweet sounds of success. You don't worry you'll run afoul of anti-noise ordinances in Ireland?

good luck with the mod!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #13 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Laurpat, would be very interested to know about post-operative sound levels, and sound quality. Maybe you can shoot 30 seconds of video and post it up to youtube, vimeo or viddler so we can all hear the sweet sounds of success. You don't worry you'll run afoul of anti-noise ordinances in Ireland?

good luck with the mod!
    No Problem, I will take a quick clip tomorrow and get it up on line. I had to use 32mm stainless pipe - The original is 30mm. I don't think it's going to cause a huge issue with back pressure. I've also made a once of rack that will fit my Givi back box - The final mod that i hope to complete this weekend is a pair of LED front fog lights . I just don't know where exactly to put them. I have a Suzuki Bandit 600 and i get as much pleasure out of my little 125

4. #14 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    I have a Suzuki Bandit 600 and i get as much pleasure out of my little 125
    Now we know you are just nuts! The Suzuki Hooligan ... just, well,can't you rub her down and repaint her or something? Thats like saying you are bored with Angelina and need a change and want to spend some time with Betty from the chip shop. Fine and all very well and Betty is a luvley lady under all the grease and the fish-smelly apron and the cheap booze, she will also go places and do things Angelina would turn her nose up at and do some of those things very slowly which can also be a pleasant change ... but just see if Angie wants you back later ...
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #15 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Now we know you are just nuts! The Suzuki Hooligan ... just, well,can't you rub her down and repaint her or something? Thats like saying you are bored with Angelina and need a change and want to spend some time with Betty from the chip shop. Fine and all very well and Betty is a luvley lady under all the grease and the fish-smelly apron and the cheap booze, she will also go places and do things Angelina would turn her nose up at and do some of those things very slowly which can also be a pleasant change ... but just see if Angie wants you back later ...
    Ha ha Love it ! This week i've been doing a lot of work on the two bikes - On the bandit i.e Angelina I did the Valve clearance , heated grips , Oil filter , new plugs , K&N Air filter , Givi Rack and de-baffled the after market can. I do need to change a seal on one of the forks but that's for down the road. She is a beast of a thing and running as sweet as a bird! The IL4 engine just keeps reving...

The 125 i.e Betty is for in and out of the city - It's wasteful bringing the bandit into town with most zones having a max speed of 50KPH (30 MPH). Also , I can park the 125 anywhere without any issue, while the Bandit is much more expensive to do anything with if it is touched.

6. #16 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    - the thought of de-baffling Angelina's can and playing with her valves and plugs has me quite in need of a stiff drink.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #17 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    - the thought of de-baffling Angelina's can and playing with her valves and plugs has me quite in need of a stiff drink.
    Not to mention I also gave her a good lube ;)

8. #18 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Can for 125.jpg

Guys - This is where I am at. As you can see I tried to make it as straight as i could but I was not able to get around that blasted airbox without having a little bend - I need to polish up the joints and hope to have her all finished for Thursday. Had her running there and a blue flame shot of her. I guess that's just from having the choke on. Ok guys - Tell me if I am going wrong or if you would have done it differently... I wanted the can sticking out the back and not hidden behind the fern - Will I have achieved my goal?

9. #19 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    You weld that up yourself? Good job mr. Looks like it'll be plenty visible after you get the fairing back on. Why did you want it as straight as possible, does that actually improve airflow, or is it an aesthetic thing?

Where in dublin you at anyway? You can weld so that already rules out southside, and your shed is made out of possibly stolen cement blocks so i'm guessing cabra.

10. #20 Re: exhausts for pulse 125 
    Blue flames is cool!

I prefer rust and matt black to shiny myself (because a Kinlon is a grunge bike) but I too commend your skill and ability.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast