OK, this is just weird ...

North Korea is manufacturing motorcycles, and hopefully wishes to export.

Presumably under the superior, gifted, ingenious guidance of the Dear Leader, a new 5-stroke technology has been developed. I am not sure what the fifth stroke could possible be. But whatever it is, I suspect the DPRK is closely guarding this new technology as a state secret.

Apparently, as the story goes, North Koreans don't really like their own motorcycle brand. It costs 2 to 3 times that of the "much more reliable" imported Chinese-made motorcycle. Owning a Chinese-made motorcycle is a dream for many North Koreans. However, it is virtually impossible to get a legal registration for an imported Chinese bike (hmmmm, where have I heard a similar story?). There are apparently some imported Japanese motorcycles in the DPRK, but those are likely reserved for the friends, family, and associates of you-know-who.

So, let's think this business-model through shall we? The DPRK wishes to export motorcycles to China. China is already the world leader in motorcycle manufacturing. The DPRK bike will cost 2 to 3 times as much as a Chinese bike, and the DPRK motorcycle will be half as reliable. A recipe for certain success?

Frankly, I'd buy one ... just to get my hands on this 5-stroke technology, and also to get in on the ground floor of what will surely become a collectors item. My own "pet rock", probably with about the same specifications & performance.

Here is the factory's slick sales brochure, with its various models.

http://www.korea-dpr.com/business/motorbikes.pdf

I think the DPRK should trade its motorcycles with the PRC for business-consulting services.