Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    I would probably buy Yingan because of looks.

2. #12 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    The Qingqi QM250 2D does not exist.

The other three can be registered.

3. #13 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    It's a real kick in the face about the Qingqi. I've seen a few ad's now for bikes that don't exist or can't be registered in the PRC. What's that all about? I'm slowly getting into it and trying to learn more about registerable bikes in China (particularly 250 street/sport bikes), but the options definitely seem limited...

...I've said it once before, but i've learnt a h3ll of a lot more from this site than i have in weeks of trying to contact the fatories and visiting the dealers. Big up MCM!

A week ago I was all for buying the Regal Raptor 250 street, but i've since had too many people (even dealers) give bad reviews and try to disuade me from buying it.
    Meaning that's not an option for me anymore. Also the best price i've found for the YBR250 is 23,000rmb ruling that off my 250 wish list too.

That kinda leaves the Yingang, i agree with Moilami about the looks. It's a very sexy bike. I ventured to a listed dealer in Shanghai (Wuzhong Lu) only to find the bloody store was now selling furniture. Haha. I'll keep trying with that bike tho.

I take the motorbike theory test next week so it's still gonna be 2-3 months before i'm on the road. Plenty of time to find the perfect 250.

4. #14 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Good luck with the theory test. Have you checked the pretend tests out? I failed few times as it is not necessarily logical, then again, I haven't read all the material yet.
    The more time the better before you make the decision on the 'bike but any one of a few models will do. The Yingyang would be a good choice, or as close as you can get in China. Should be OK on roughish roads too. The main thing is 'all the gear all the time' wherever in the world you ride today. Looks like you got the bug mate.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #15 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Shineray has a registerable 250 sports bike if that's your thing. You can go see it at the pubei lu bike shop.

The engine is oil and air cooled and makes less power than their 250 supermoto, which is a liquid cooled DOHC. I never understood why they did that. Still, it's an option.

6. #16 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Noooo! Dewsnap has a young wife and a 7-month-old baby. No f*cking crotch rockets, please. Not even underpowered Chinese ones.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #17 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Yeah, i've been hammering the mock theory exam. I'm stuck in the 75-85 range so far. (90 needed for a pass. Have a go on http://www.gstxc.cn/kaoshi/cn/beginexam.asp )
    I'm only half way through reviewing the bank of 800 questions tho. The translation is pretty poor so it kind of gives me a headache reading through the poorly written questions. Thanks Jape for the advice about the Yingang. I'll hunt down a dealer at the weekend... I've definitely got the bug.

The Shineray Chief XY250-5A (http://www.shineray.com/products-liebiao.asp?id=74at). Yeah, i actually saw that at Pubei Lu. I didn't really fall in love with it, i personally thought the plastic looked cheap, and i was too taken aback by the Raptor 250 street at the time.
    Thanks Felix, seems strange that the sports version would have less power than their supermoto. I've read good things about the Shineray dirt bikes so far, perhaps The Chief is another one to pursue this weekend.

8. #18 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Haha, just seen your post Euphonius. Thanks for worrying about me.
    (The stats i've seen show the Chief only makes 12kw's as opposed to the Raptor's 14kw and YBR's 15.5kw.)
    I do agree tho that it doesn't seem suitable for urban (Shanghai) use.

9. #19 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    The engine is oil and air cooled and makes less power than their 250 supermoto, which is a liquid cooled DOHC. I never understood why they did that. Still, it's an option.
    The engine of the XY250-5C is only 233cc, not 249cc - no idea from which planet this is coming from, type is 169YMM-A. That definetly is not the same engine as the XY250GY-2 or the YinGang has.

10. #20 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Noooo! Dewsnap has a young wife and a 7-month-old baby. No f*cking crotch rockets, please. Not even underpowered Chinese ones.
    Would you rather see him on a YBR250 even though it has about 5hp more? I don't understand. This isn't a ZX10R, it's got a fairly upright seating position and probably handles well enough too. I don't see this as a crotch rocket, more a faired street bike. I agree the plastics on the red one at pubei lu do feel a bit cheap, most likely because they are. I'd like to see the green in person, it looks very nice in the pictures!

Remember though, not an ADV bike. For eastern china only!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast