Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    I have devstating news! The list of 250 options just keeps shrinking.

I contacted someone from Yingang motors about ChinaV's delicious Yingang YG250NF, and here's what they said.

"But sorry ,now this bike can not do registion . ???? was successful to do regesiton before,but these days in China ,goverment gave us a rules for registion ,must reach EURO3 after FEB .28th,then can do resigition. Now it is already Mar.3th ,but our bike only EURO2,so now can not do registion. Pls check whether have problem for you , for normal chinese ,if not do resigtion ,must have problems....Pls check whether any favor in shanghai for you on registion ???? If have ,sure ,it is good . If no ,it is better not to try this model now....
    ...Price is 15000RMB /set including the freight charges from chongqing to shanghai . It needs about 3 days to shanghai" - Yingang motors.

(Jape, is it legit to quote people without asking them? I don't want to piss off the guys at Yingang or upset ???? in any way. )

15000rmb plus freight charges! That's a fantastic price. Looks like i missed out on the bike by a couple of weeks. Oh well, i'll keep looking.
    Last edited by dewsnap; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: source protection

2. #22 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    ](Jape, is it legit to quote people without asking them? I don't want to piss off the guys at Yingang or upset Jennifer in any way.]
    I appreciate you asking, proves I was correct before in asking you to explain, not just dealing with ya harshly. But don't get paranoid!
    I know you meant legit on the forum probably but it is not that simple! Legit in China is not just a case of law, it is about obligation to my very limited understanding as an outsider. In other words, if you harm some-one's reputation, deliberately or not, you incur obligation. Applies in business as well as in personal matters, all is personal to some extent, it is how the individual self survives as part of a harmonious community with expectations of duty to the community.

International law, state laws, national laws all vary, so we just use common-sense. ie maybe snip the bit about favours as although we talk about them generally and know they go on, this is a direct attribution to an individual and could get them in trouble if taken wrongly or used by someone else in the future to back their own case for example. And perhaps paraphrasing, as long as you keep accuracy, is better. A general comment then that others can learn from, attributed to a 'source at Yingang' like journalists do. We do need and appreciate such information, it is just what the forum is for.

So as I said, none of this is drastic, but use common-sense. You should know the country better than I do by a long way and start to understand Guanxi and be building it for yourself as you go. The Chinese are learning how to deal with westerners as much as we are them

Did you get any idea if they are trying for Euro3 on that model, or are developing another version, or if you can modify it yourself to get it or does it require manufacturer licensing at that level? see also http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...2379#post22379
    Last edited by jape; 03-03-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #23 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Would you rather see him on a YBR250 even though it has about 5hp more? ...
    Actually, I was thinking a 150cc would be about right!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #24 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Thanks again Euphonius. I've looked at all of those 150 models. They're all really nice bikes and excellent value. I like the Honda Shadow.
    I think i'm after a 250 cos i don't want to be looking for more power after 6 months of riding.

I know it's juvenile but both of my scooters clocked 120kmph, and i'm wanting a bike with a bit more oomph.
    I'm worried that these 150's wont offer anything more than my 150 scooter.

5. #25 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Jape, i'll try to contact Yingang again and see what the future holds for the bike. I'll report back as soon as i know.

6. #26 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    The Yingang looks like a great choice, particularly with ChinaV blazing the trail.

This is China, so it's entirely possible that Jenifer only knows what she knows, and is not privy to Yingang's strategic plans. Surely any large-volume bike maker in China is stressing these days about bringing their bikes in compliance with Euro3 (actually, 国三 in Chinese) so they don't get regulated out of Europe and other increasingly emissions-anal markets, including of course China itself.

Perhaps Jenifer can sleuth this out for us. As td_ref noted Yingang is surely working on a fuel-injected upgrade.

You've got some time on your hands as you qualify for your driver's license. Maybe the planets will align in your favor by May or June!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #27 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Got a reply from Yingang and they said the EFI version should be ready in 2 months, and that bike will have the EURO3 cert. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I've asked for more info.

8. #28 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Dewsnap, I have a Sundiro Honda CBF150 too. Bloody reliable, tad underpowered compared to a 250cc bike. I'd wait for the Yingang. Got another mate who is going to try to get one.
    Knowing China there must be a 'way' to get a Eur02 bike registered.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

9. #29 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Thanks ZMC. Yeah, i think i'll wait a couple of months.
    Yingang said the expected release date is May 2011. (i should have my license by then) But only if they have no problems getting the Eur03.
    They also said it could be before or after May and the new model will be 17,000 rmb including freighting costs.

10. #30 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    From my reading, many EFI machines from the bigger manufacturers still have problems with reliability, needs a year or two more yet however given the choice myself i would ride the wave of new tech, too many advantages that outweigh the disadvantages. Instead of carrying spare jets etc on a long run, you take spare CDI, injector and put in an inline filter. Something the JH600 chaps have probably learned already!

Let us hope the machine they 'source' the mapping from is suitable.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast