Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. #71 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    The bike was listed at 14,800rmb. We ended up paying 14,200 with some pretty aggressive haggling. People on MOTOFANS said that you could get the bike as low as 13,500rmb. I've also seen the bike for sale on Taobao for 13,000, but we've been warned that there are lesser quality versions of the bike out there.

I've never seen the bigger 300cc version at Pubei Lu, but there's a dealer in Xinzhuang (Shanghai) selling the bike for 15,000 rmb.
    sLet me know if you wanna have a look. That bike also has 250 stickers on the side but the dealer said it was 300cc. I must say that the exhaust ystem looks much better on the 300 version, but i don't think it looks as street as the 250. I think it looks more like a touring bike in comparison.
    Thing about the exhaust is the restrictions I see at 2 points coming out of the manifold on the DD250g-2n. I know I'm going to want to modify the exhaust and replacing the entire pipe will be more difficult than just changing over the muffler.

Can you please list the address of the Xinzhuang shop? I'd like to take a look at the bigger bikes. Why did you opt for the smaller one if the price difference is so small?

2. #72 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    It's a tiny dealer on Qixin Lu, Xinzhuang. I'm not sure of the number, but i'll go with you if you're interested in having a look over the weekend sometime. They only had the one Raptor, but they also have a few strange 250 cruisers that are worth looking at. The dealer is a decent guy and i'm sure you could even get the price down a fair bit. Just up the road is a bigger dealer selling Loncin's and Honda's so it's probably worth the trip.

The bike is a lot bigger than the DD250G-2N and much heavier, which is why i opted for the 250. I also prefer the 250 styling.

3. #73 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    I've also seen a few DD250G-N with different exhaust systems. It's probably something i'll look at after the year warranty expires.
    A few people have said that with a bit of tinkering this bike can be pretty fast.
    Here's another pic i've found of the bike with a different exhaust...

new muffler.jpg

4. #74 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    C-Moto Guru
    I've also seen a few DD250G-N with different exhaust systems. It's probably something i'll look at after the year warranty expires.
    A few people have said that with a bit of tinkering this bike can be pretty fast.
    Here's another pic i've found of the bike with a different exhaust...

new muffler.jpg
    The one at the back appears to have dual exhausts, and those look like cheap scooter exhausts to me. I did exactly that with my Suzuki Windstorm a couple of years ago and the damn things kept burned out twice before I found a half decent model. Also note that the pipes themselves have been completely replaced and are not stock at all.

Meeting up to look at some bikes sounds like fun, let me check the weekend schedule and get back to you.

5. #75 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Dewsnap, our raptors had restrictive sleeves in the headers, and those muffler boxes have more baffles and spacers. We had to make up our entire headers from new including welding and bending them
    Although if yours is going to be EFI then you may be buying a bike with less restrictive problems.

When you get the bike please report back on the tire name and model. Still Cheng Shin?

6. #76 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Certainly will ZMC. The Raptor owners on MOTOFANS have all upgraded to a fatter back tire. They recommended that i do that when i get my bike.
    I'll find out the make and model of the tire they use too. I know you were happy with the tire on your bike.

It doesn't sound like an easy process to replace the pipes and mufflers. I'm not really looking at any big mods yet, as i've still got to learn to ride the bike first. Lol.

I'd be very interested in looking at any recent pics you have of your bike ZMC or of any mods you may have done since last posting in your Raptor thread.

I've seen a DD250G with a strange exhaust setup. He had two tiny pipes cut short really short that stuck out the sides of the engine, at the bottom, under the bike. The whole back section of the exhaust had been cut off. Don't know why that was done but i'd bet he was trying to sort out the restrictive problems that you mentioned.

7. #77 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Certainly will ZMC. The Raptor owners on MOTOFANS have all upgraded to a fatter back tire. They recommended that i do that when i get my bike.
    Fatter doesn't mean better. Far too many bikes with the wrong profile and width out there these days. A 250cc with a 130 is fine, maybe a 140 for looks, but anything wider is just wasted money. Ride it for a month and see if you still have chicken strips .

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #78 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    Thanks ChinaV. The two guys i've met from MOTOFANS were both real porkers. Twice the size and weight of me. Would a fatter tire be useful for someone who is heavy?
    Forgive me, what are chicken strips?

9. #79 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    C-Moto Guru
    I've seen a DD250G with a strange exhaust setup. He had two tiny pipes cut short really short that stuck out the sides of the engine, at the bottom, under the bike. The whole back section of the exhaust had been cut off. Don't know why that was done but i'd bet he was trying to sort out the restrictive problems that you mentioned.
    Was that on Youkou? I saw it too. He still had the tail pipes coming out the back of the bike but they were disconnected at the bottom. I've had some good success with modding exhaust and airbox systems on my bikes, but all of them so far have had carburetors. Not sure how the fuel injection system will come into play on one of these newer bikes.

10. #80 Re: 250cc options in China. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Forgive me, what are chicken strips?
    I didn't know either, here's what I found: "The harder you lean into corners, the more of the tyre you use. This means that a biker who rides hard will have an evenly-worn tyre. A biker who rides gently will not use the outer edges of the rubber resulting in a phenomenon known as 'chicken strips'. These are very uncool and a beacon to those in the know that the rider is a novice."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast