Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Euphonius' test place: youku 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    for those inside the firewall who would like to see the Dream Rangers clip, you can do so at youku, but there are no English subtitles.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQxMTUwNTI0.html

If someone can explain to me how to post the actual youku viewer here, please do. Neither the video button nor the youku button works...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #2 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    As with youtube Jeff. The video clips all have an ID number. It is best to cut it from the address bar rather than any script as that way you can avoid cutting any formatting witht it. Just paste it into the post having selected 'go advanced'. (XMjQxMTUwNTI0 is the ID part in this case). Then select it in the usual way (left button drag select in windows, not sure what it is on your Mac), and click on the relevant youku or youtube button and the tags should just fit round it.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    Doesn't work that way for me. those buttons do indeed create proper youtube or youku brackets, but when I put the simple URL, cut and pasted as you've described from the address field, i get garble on my screen. it's hard to imagine this is due to operating system or browser (for the record, I'm using Google Chrome).

Any other Mac users having similar issue?

anyway, very heartwarming clips. I damn well hope I'm still riding into my 80s.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

4. #4 jeff's place 
    But you can see all right the one I embedded? Then it isn't a script or Chrome fault. May be what you are actually selecting? No, you don't need a URL, just the ID number. No spaces, no punctuation with it, just the number as described in parenthesis above. In that case it is XMjQxMTUwNTI0

Play with it here and I can/you can delete any posts not required. or have a go in the http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/fo...?25-Test-Track
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    OK, here, I'll try it again. First, here's the YouKu link, posted as a link:

Now, having switched to "go advanced", here is the same link with YouKu brackets around it:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQxMTUwNTI0.html/v.swf">http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQxMTUwNTI0.html/v.swf" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

and now, with generic "video" brackets around it:

Do either of the latter appear as they should -- as clickable video windows?
    jkp
    Shanghai

6. #6 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    the second one worked fine mate.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #7 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    second one comes up on my screen as a bunch of a garble, with a partial youku window with chinese text in it saying "link failed, try again later".

not what i want to be posting.
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #8 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    But you are NOT posting that, you just think you are! It works. Anyway, you cannot check them obviously. Try cutting and pasting the actual embedded youku clip I posted.

I can always embed them for you but it seems to be something your end does then, especially as I can see yours and you can see mine, so to speak.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

9. #9 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    Seems my links are getting corrupted somewhere in the cutting/pasting. I'll experiment a bit more.

I've also been working through a personal VPN, which may have an impact. I'm now in the Safari browser.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

10. #10 Re: When you're riding, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just wait 
    Well I could see the second one fine which was 'garble' to you so logic says it is your browser, not your actual post? Or something to do with VPN and youku perhaps, good luck anyway with Safari. I use Firefox 3.6.13 on Linux Ubuntu 10.10. I get some cursor glitches when posting in forums but that is all.
    I do notice youku is always slow for me here, in the initial opening, but as fast as youtube in the downloading/streaming. Anyway, we taken up a lot of this thread so I will shut up.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast