Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Hi from UK - CCM230 / LX250 Owner ! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi all,,Bojer you may remember me ,,we spoke on another site I think,,,,,,,I owned a Bashan 233,loverly bike,unfortually thieves thoughts so too,,now I have chance at a CCM233,price £1600 with delivery mileage,,can you recommend it? ,,,ok this off topic I know,,but while I was in Sanya,China afew weeks ago,I hired a scooter,,,I am an experienced rider and used to heavy crazy traffic,,BUT nothing prepared me for the traffic of the streets of Sanya,,,within 1 mile of leaving the hotel we had a couple of very near death experiences,the whole day was fraught with danger,,my chinese passenger was ok,I was a wreck,,,all the best

2. #22 Re: Hi from UK - CCM230 / LX250 Owner ! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hi all,,Bojer you may remember me ,,we spoke on another site I think,,,,,,,I owned a Bashan 233,loverly bike,unfortually thieves thoughts so too,,now I have chance at a CCM233,price £1600 with delivery mileage,,can you recommend it? ,,,ok this off topic I know,,but while I was in Sanya,China afew weeks ago,I hired a scooter,,,I am an experienced rider and used to heavy crazy traffic,,BUT nothing prepared me for the traffic of the streets of Sanya,,,within 1 mile of leaving the hotel we had a couple of very near death experiences,the whole day was fraught with danger,,my chinese passenger was ok,I was a wreck,,,all the best
    Hi Lipsee - yes I remember you from the old Chinese Bike Forum that dissapeared ?!

Am happy enough with my CCM now - enough so that I sold my 604 CCM last week in favour of the 230 !

As I have said the rear shock is useless as standard - fit a s/h Transalp one with the CCM spring ( £20 or so from Ebay) and a 14T front sprocket and it improves things no end . Overall much the usual Chinese bike charecteristics but a bit better - alloy rims, alloy swinging arm etc but chain is too tight as delivered and wears quickly . Prices seem to vary widely - £1300 - £2500 for apparently the same thing !

Quick answer is yes I would recommend it as its 1/2 the price of a Honda CRF230 but feel free to PM me if you want a look/test of mine first - near J13 of M1 so not too far off ?

Let us know how it goes !

3. #23 Re: Hi from UK - CCM230 / LX250 Owner ! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Thanks for the quick reply Bojer,interesting mods you got there,,,Thanks for the offer of a test/look ride,I have no car/bike on the road so transport would be abit of a probem,but really I,v had one china bike,it will be ok..I,v still got my Goldwing if you are interested,and am open to offers!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123