Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. #81 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Just looked at the cfmoto 650 ( i am in love ) i like the look of it , wish now i waited and never bought the honda lol, well TIC! and i wanted to buy locally, been reading lots of threads was up until 1am this morn reading them,,, then back on from 11am continued to go through the pages and pages of usefull info and then came across the CF650.

Never mind maybe next year.

As a point of interest , on the videos that are posted on chinese sites , the people who are demonstrating and or buying a motorcycle , WHY do they REV the fecking hell out of them taking it to the red line, if baffles me somewhat, i would never dream of doing that to someones motorbike, even at the dealers i would not do that, can you imagine what the engine would be like if everyone who come to see joe bloggs bike done that, jeezo, i would make sure if i was selling mine that no one did that , because if it broke , WHO`D pay....but still a nice CF650, away to cry now (sob)

2. #82 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    As a point of interest , on the videos that are posted on chinese sites , the people who are demonstrating and or buying a motorcycle , WHY do they REV the fecking hell out of them taking it to the red line, if baffles me somewhat, i would never dream of doing that to someones motorbike, even at the dealers i would not do that, can you imagine what the engine would be like if everyone who come to see joe bloggs bike done that, jeezo, i would make sure if i was selling mine that no one did that , because if it broke , WHO`D pay....but still a nice CF650, away to cry now (sob)
    ahh yes, the bike test:: It goes vroooom .. ok? Yes? You buy? Here, look, it very very vroooom. You buy?

That and what I saw them doing to bikes to 'restore' to brand new looking condition put me off buying second hand. Next time someone wants to inspect a motorcycle, print this before you go http://www.clarity.net/adam/buying-bike.html
    Last edited by slabo; 07-05-2011 at 01:46 PM.

3. #83 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    @ slabo - that's a great link, helpful as a check list for anyone thinking about buying.

@ robeta - right on bro about the rev'ing a bike. I still remember my dad yelling at me for rev'ing a car after I started it. This was followed up by my Grade 11 auto mechanics teacher yelling at me for rev'ing a car after I started it. Later in life, my bike mechanic yelled at me for rev'ing a bike after I started it.

Finally it sunk into my thick skull ... when you start an engine, it is cold and there is VERY little oil acting as lubrication. It takes time for the oil to warm, become slippery and viscous, and for the oil pump to do its job. Rev'ing the sh1t outta an engine is always just plain stupid, but especially when it is cold.

4. #84 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    I saw this at the JC Moto place in XuHui near the Pubei lu dealer. It said "duke" on it. Not sure if this is the same bike as the CF650 but it looked impressive.

photo.jpg

5. #85 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
    It said "duke" on it. Not sure if this is the same bike as the CF650 but it looked impressive.
    KTM makes a "Duke" and it looks like that (appropriate KTM color, too).

6. #86 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    KTM makes a "Duke" and it looks like that (appropriate KTM color, too).
    I like it. Very big, beefy bike. At first I thought it was a Benelli. My preference though is for the bike on the left side of it.

7. #87 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Yup, here's the KTM Duke (they make the 690 and the 990 Super Duke).
    http://pituntuel.com/new-2009-ktm-su...reviews-image/

8. #88 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Can the Duke be plated in China?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #89 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    Don't mean to dig up an old thread but I figure it's better than making a 4th thread about the same bike!

The 650NK (Ninja King?) WILL be available in the US by years end, 2012. This has been confirmed by two dealers here in the States but they don't know anything more than that. :(

Any one have any new experiences with the 650NK since 2011? I have to imagine the bike has been out for some while elsewhere in the world. I'm really planning on taking a good look at this bike when it arrives to the US. If someone wanted to grab me a brochure or something of the NK from China to stare at for 6 months, I would be incredibly grateful.

10. #90 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    I was interested in the 659TR - CFMoto said they have "production problems". It is even not advertised on their website anymore. But this just as quick info.

I wonder a bit about comments regarding why and/or why not riding bike XYZ is "the best" in China, in general and whatsoever... Guys, be happy that finally there is some movement in the chinese mid-size/big bike market. JH600, CF650, BJ600GS - wow, who would have imagined this a few years ago?
    And be happy that there are now big-bore one cylinder-, two cylinders- and even four cylinders-engines with sufficient horse power. And they all offer a different riding style and pleasure.

More important is that it increases competition! After-Sales, Service, Warranty, Quality - here we need improvement (in China)! And here we (the bikers and the buyers) should work together, independently of the brand we are driving! This forum is a great place and gives a very good opportunity - and I assume that the different motorcycle companies are reading our posts. Do not let us dilute our main interest, which is, I guess and hope, to enjoy motorbiking and to get the best for our money!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast