Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CFMoto 650NK sport bike 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Popped into a Beijing dealer and saw the new CF650 sitting there, in orange. Looked nice, if one is into sport bikes.

I only had my mobile phone for a crummy pic ...

CF650 02.jpg

Here are some better pics of last year's prototypes:

http://www.xjmotobar.com/thread-30452-1-1.html

http://www.atvsports.cn/bbs/forum.ph...hread&tid=4582

Apparently, it is 36K (plus tax, fees, etc) and it can be registered in Beijing. However, it was the girl who sells the accessories who was answering my questions, so I'm not sure if she had all her facts right.

2. #2 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    er-6n replica, parallel-twin 650, claimed the engine reach same power as original. 36000RMB(confirm?) VS msrp USD 6699 (about 44000RMB)
    My opinion only rich and young are likely to get one, but to trust 'Guochan' 650 engine, hmmm.

3. #3 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Looks a bit suss to me! I liked the retro look of the old 'Leader' which I think was made by them, and would have got one if it had been available in more than 150cc here in Aus.
    I hoped the thread title would show something like that but powered up. this one is all angles and not at all pleasurable to look at in my opinion. But then I don't know anything about sports bikes at all. What is that rear guard under the guard for?

I think if they were going to call it 'King Kong' as they have, it would have been good to see a 650cc powered dual sport developed in China. Like a KLR maybe but set up better?

I have been wondering about getting a road bike to tour Australia's many thousands of kilometers of tarmac and wouldn't be scared to try a cheap Chinabike, Will wait a bit longer though.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    I like it, it doesn't take my breath away but i want one anyway!

Not gonna happen though, not now that i'm moving west. Would be as useless as nice tits on a nun out there.

5. #5 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Hmm, a Kawasaki ER6N is just what I'd be interested in, and a cheap one would be cool, I do however have a few problems with this entire concept:

It would stretch my budget so I'd have to be sure it was really good, not just OK, and I'm not sure. It's also bike which is basically a stolen concept, stealing work from Japanese companies is seems to practically state sponsored.

Will it leak oil? Is it properly bolted together? And how good are the parts? Have they really R&D'd this properly? They say they test a new bike model 20,000 kms, doesn't sound nearly like enough to me, I'd likely do that in the first year over all sorts of uneven terrain! QC good, OK or terrible? Compared to the original Kawasaki it has to be inferior, the shock, forks, brakes and tires to name a few, adequate? Probably. As good? Highly unlikely. Yet the price is biting at the heels of the real thing.

[RANT]The only reason that the bike is appealing in China is because the Chinese government blocks/overtaxes imports. On a level playing field you'd just buy a Kawasaki or better yet CBF600 or CBR600F or the many other choices, but you can't so you have to pay lots of money to the Chinese government, and help 'prop up' the industry of the country with the world's second largest GDP. It is also only appealing in other countries because of the artificially low value of the RMB.[/RANT] Jialing had help with their engine and EFI, and did some real R&D, so Kudos to them. This bike is breaking new ground for a Chinese manufacturer, Asiawing 'broke new ground' with their bikes, 'bad ground' that is by copying and slapping parts together without proper R&D.

It's a bike I clearly need to much much more about, preferably a review by someone familiar with a ER6N or at least middleweight road bikes, and some technical data about the parts. I don't mean a fawning Chinese review of someone who has no experience of riding these kind of bikes who rode it around the block!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #6 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Did you get any pictures of the accessories girl??

7. #7 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Any idea if you can register this in Shanghai?! If so, I could be willing to be the guinea pig...

8. #8 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    The Kawasaki ER-6n (and Versys) is such a great bike and inexpensive here in the USA that I don't think you will see the CF Moto CF650 here.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Bumping TOE's question! Anyone out there know about registerability of this bike? I'm not askin because i'm going to buy one soon, but because we could really use a guinea pig! This is one of the most interesting new china bikes so i would love it if someone on this forum owned one!

10. #10 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Anyone out there know about registerability of this bike?
    Ms. Accessory (sorry, richardktm, no pics - next time, when my sweety isn't with me) told me it could be registered in Beijing (China 3 emissions). I'm back at that dealer later this week, and I'll ask Mr. Owner.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast