Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Update - was back at the CF-Moto dealer today.

According to the dealer, the CF650 can NOT be plated, yet, in Beijing. Maybe in the summer when CF Moto releases a "new version" (I've no idea what that is). Price will be at least 40K.

Interestingly, the dealer said to me, point blank "don't buy this bike, it isn't any good". Wow

I've already bought 3 bikes from this dealer (though none for myself), and was taking sweety to buy a 4th, so I guess the dealer felt that a happy customer is a repeat customer ... hmmmm, a very unique experience in China.

2. #22 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Did he say why it can't be plated yet in BJ? I assume that the bike in store is from the first production run, as was my CFMoto Jetmax, and with all credit to the company they (CFMoto) contacted my dealer to ask me to bring my bike back in so they could swap out some parts they'd since changed between the first production model and those produced in later models.

I'd be curious to know on what basis the dealer is advising against the CF650, after all they have only just hit the market, and if based on what he's saying they can't be licensed/plated up there in BJ, I'd hazard a guess that aren't too many around. - Just saying!

3. #23 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    No, he wasn't clear about the "why" it is "bu hao" - or maybe he was and my Chinese language skills suck!

I have a funny feeling he was telling me not to buy it because it can't be registered in Beijing, but the updated model could be. He knows I want plated bikes. And because he knows he has to talk to me like a baby ... he knew I'd understand "no good"

Generally, I find CF Moto to provide a good product, especially its scoots like the Jetmax.

I think this new emissions rule has caught a few dealers with stock they are having difficulty clearing.

4. #24 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    I heard a rumor that the bike has a real Kawasaki ER-6 frame, and that CFmoto have some deal with Kawasaki on the frames. Not sure if this is true.

I always take opinions in China with a pinch of salt, they are generally formed from internet rumor not from any personal experience.

5. #25 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Look at this:

http://www.cfmotoclub.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=79216

Supposed to be the new model 650NK fulfilling the China 3 emissions. As they announced, to be available at 37800, expected delivery time by June. There is a list of dealers.

CF Moto launched a promotion event at the Tian Ma circuit in Shanghai 2 weeks ago, as I understood:

http://www.cfmotoclub.com/bbs/viewth...extra=page%3D1

... and a press release from CF Moto website:

http://www.cfmoto.cn/Media_info.php?id=499

6. #26 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Great update Macieq. Lots of eye candy on that second link.

A couple of Beijing dealers have started advertising mid-June delivery.

Not a bad price, it seems. I don't really follow this style of bike, but my guess is it will be a big hit in Beijing. At least two thirds the illegal big bikes are sport bikes, selling for around this price. Hence, a legal bike will be more attractive to many.

7. #27 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Great update Macieq. Lots of eye candy on that second link.
    A couple of Beijing dealers have started advertising mid-June delivery.
    Not a bad price, it seems. I don't really follow this style of bike, but my guess is it will be a big hit in Beijing. At least two thirds the illegal big bikes are sport bikes, selling for around this price. Hence, a legal bike will be more attractive to many.
    Couldn't agree more, nice bike (alternative) & some stunningly nice eye candy.

I also think that this is the beginning to where we'll start to see a few manufacturers move into manufacturing mid-sized engine motorcycles & scooters before not too long. If one does a search on Alibaba it would seem there are a few offerings >500cc that aren't sold or distributed on the mainland, likely due to certificate & compliance issues, though I'd also hasten to add that I'm weary of the quality of many. I'm happy to see CFMoto and Jialing offering mid-sized rides which will hopefully make a not too insignificant dent into the illegal bikes being bought into China, often with questionable pasts (e.g. stolen). The availability of larger displacement legal alternatives to the foreign brands and the enforced premium pricing they attract, might also assist in the longer term, in having some of the discriminatory rules/laws changed - for the better.

While I'm not really a enthusiast of sport-bike style of motorcycle, I'm actually tempted to buy a CFMoto CF650NK, simply because its;
    a). available
    b). legal
    c). plate-able
    d). affordable & cheaper than many of the illegals (take a look at enjoyshanghai bikes and auto classifieds)
    e). technologically advanced
    f). saleable

There is an rumour that CFMoto might also offer a 800cc cruiser end of this year or early 2012. I've tried to confirm this with my CFMoto contact, but while the question was acknowledged and kind of confirmed by the insider, I return to the standard operational concept here, TIC!

8. #28 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I think this also says good things about the future of motorcycling in China. I don't think CFMoto would investing in this bike and the domestic market if they felt it were being choked off. Perhaps they know something?

Would be a great time to interview the heads of CFMoto to ask that question. With cities banning bikes left and right, and bikes effectively firewalled from most expressways, meaning these bigger bikes have little room to run, why launch this bike now?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #29 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    They look nearly identical to me.

10. #30 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    features a liquid-cooled,72HP, 650cc engine with parallel-twin cylinders, 8 valves,fuel injection and claims a top speed of over 180KM/H.
    Really? 72hp is exactly what the ER6 makes, i wonder if they just copied and pasted.

Either way it seems like a nice bike and the price is pretty fair. I think it actually looks nicer than the kawa! Who's gonna be the guinea pig then?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast