Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. #91 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    The TR is definitely on CFMoto's US website: 650TR

Very much agree that an era of competition might finally be dawning in China's mid-displacement market. Several of us met for dinner in Shanghai two weeks ago with Jialing's new marketing chief, and though he was young and untested, he was asking a lot of the right questions. We hammered him pretty hard on the vastly greater importance of responsible and responsive after-sales service compared to slick design, and we hope the message took.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #92 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    The TR is definitely on CFMoto's US website:
    Couldn't find the bike on the Chinese Website.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Very much agree that an era of competition might finally be dawning in China's mid-displacement market. Several of us met for dinner in Shanghai two weeks ago with Jialing's new marketing chief, and though he was young and untested, he was asking a lot of the right questions. We hammered him pretty hard on the vastly greater importance of responsible and responsive after-sales service compared to slick design, and we hope the message took.
    Thank you very much for this information - very good to hear that "they" start to listen (at least or at last?)

3. #93 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    My friend has just bought a TR, it runs very hot and with full fairing the right side in the little box compartment gets super hot, he had his camera in it and it was like toast, lucky the heat did not damage it..
    All the R/H side was extreamly hot, the left hand was hot as well but not as.

Needs some kind of venting as all the air is funneled into the radiator and only a small vent on each side is not enough to expell all the incoming air.

Apart from that it has an explosive acceleration, he told me he had it at 7000 rpm and changed gear and the revs did not drop just more power.

So far looking good, maybe he will post a line or two.........

4. #94 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    My friend has just bought a TR, it runs very hot and with full fairing the right side in the little box compartment gets super hot, he had his camera in it and it was like toast, lucky the heat did not damage it..
    All the R/H side was extreamly hot, the left hand was hot as well but not as.

Needs some kind of venting as all the air is funneled into the radiator and only a small vent on each side is not enough to expell all the incoming air.

Apart from that it has an explosive acceleration, he told me he had it at 7000 rpm and changed gear and the revs did not drop just more power.

So far looking good, maybe he will post a line or two.........
    Hmm, I wonder do all the 650TR's have this issue?
    I ask as I experienced a similar issue with my CF250T-6A Jetmax. It go really hot under the seat where lots of storage is. I thought it was odd, but since it was new and straight out of the crate - meaning the dealer didn't have anything more than fit the front wheel and then it was good to go, I felt it was just a design flaw. Later when a techy from CFMoto came to do a kind of recall upgrade of half a dozen items, I found after he'd done his work that the heat issue under the seat had been resolved. I'd not complained about it at the time, and even though I know what he swapped out, it was evident that something he'd done alleviated the heat issue. Perhaps it was just some replumbing of hoses and so forth around and in front of the seat area after he swapped out the EFI and ECU and refitted everything. The Jetmax is liquid cooled too just like the 650MK and TR models. Also has the radiator and fan up front in amongst the front fairing (tupperware as its affectionately referred to), and I don't get any major heating issues in the front storage cubby - though it does get warm. Otherwise heat is not an issue.
    I wonder...?

5. #95 Re: CF Moto CF650 sport bike 
    rant
    I've complained about this before, and probably will again, but damn we have a lot of redundant threads running on these new CFMoto models. Wish there were a way to consolidate them, or to select one authoritative thread for each model and make it sticky (whatever that means). It's also unfortunate when threads get the model names wrong, like TR650 instead of 650TR, etc. MCM search is already fussy enough, but we make it worse with our own inaccuracies.

/rant

cheers

jkp
    Shanghai

6. #96 CFMoto 650NK reviewed by Alan Cartright in CycleNews 
    I'm posting this review into this thread because it's the longest and best established on the CFMoto 650NK, despite wrong name in the title. Can a moderator or admin possibly change the headline to CFMoto 650NK sport bike?

This review by Alan Cathcart was first posted in another thread by UK member lipsee, but it's important enough that I wanted to get it into this main 650NK thread.

I wish I could cut and paste the text right here, but it's a tightly controlled page and I've not managed to do so. So here's the link and an image of the first page:

First Ride: CFMoto 650NK -- Game Changer? A Quality Middleweight Motorcycle from China? Is This the Beginning?

Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 10.39.41 PM.jpg

cheers!
    Last edited by euphonius; 07-15-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #97 Re: CFMoto 650NK reviewed by Alan Cartright in CycleNews 
    Another NK's test... This time, Russian magazine "At the helm" - http://www.zr.ru/content/articles/46..._cfmoto_650nk/

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #98 Re: CFMoto 650NK reviewed by Alan Cartright in CycleNews 
    The article is nice, not too much on the bike itself though. And that stuff(quote) "Откуда в стране, где до недавнего времени большинство населения ездило на велосипедах, а автомобиль до сих пор для многих — мечта далекого будущего, взяться своим инженерам-испытателям, своим специалистам по настройке, своим подвесочникам? Их нет."

The dude's stereotyping big time. Still'd better write on bikes rather than on local demographical situation. Sure enough we still live in clay huts and get online from a Big Party Hub in Beijing, which runs Intel 386. Oh, and, yeah, the tech universities here have 2 majors only: horses and food.

9. #99 Re: CFMoto 650NK reviewed by Alan Cartright in CycleNews 
    But in the same article, author repeatedly emphasizes - "They still learning...".
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #100 Re: CFMoto 650NK reviewed by Alan Cartright in CycleNews 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    But in the same article, author repeatedly emphasizes - "They still learning...".
    That's true. It's a personal thing, being a teacher I hate generally false assumptions. :)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast