Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Square Hole Next To Exhaust Leaking Oil 
    C-Moto Regular
    HI-Bird QH250GY has an oil leak in the square hole next to the exhaust port on the head. You can see the head bolt that runs through the square hole, and it's one that holds the head to the cylinder. Has to be retorqued every so many miles, etc.

Is there a seal or gasket of some kind, the head to cylinder gasket is below all this a few inches.

Is there an easy diagram of this area somebody has to explain what needs repaired?

I can send a photo but haven't took a photo yet.

Thanks,
    Stacy

2. #2 Re: Square Hole Next To Exhaust Leaking Oil 
    Stacey, I see you have asked this or similar questions last year and you didn't get far despite CC trying to help. Not that we know of anyway. Sometimes the riders here are all busy or something, don't take it personally, it needs someone with experience to notice, be interested and also have the time. Did it turn out to be the Honda clone CC mentioned? if co there will indeed be manuals and diagrams out there.

Anyway, lets hope someone here will chime in that knows the bike or the mechanical work needed. Usually, given time if you have it, and persistence, someone will help out.

Otherwise, also have a look over at Chinariders as we do refer folk in need of mechanical help to each other, we are friends not competitors, The mods there aren't ignorant like me and they are mechanics and well used to all sorts of engines in all sorts of pieces. They will however want a solid intro from you if you want solid assistance, who you are, where and how you ride, with pics of you and the bike, just to get acquainted. Too many times people offer help and go out of their way to post stuff and links but then get no thanks or answers to followup questions, and they feel burnt, naturally. Not saying that is you in any way but it helps if folk get to know you a bit.