Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    I received the following this morning from Adrien Please PM or e-mail me or post a reply here.

Hi all,

the warm days are around the corner, and since last season was loaded of bad accidents on mountain roads i was willing to build a riding group for Golden Port track sessions.

The point would be to book 2 sessions (half a day) a months, for 3 to 5 months. It should be enough to take most daemons out of us.

We would have to be at least 15 and we will need a little bit of Guanxi to push the moody guys of JinGang. If we are numerous enough it won't be too expensive.

So far, besides all the people in this mail, i know 2 people interested. Feel free to forward this to any person you consider serious enough to ride on a track with other people.

I am looking forward group motivation !!
    Anyone interested reply so i can start a list.

Cheers!
    Andy

2. #2 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear AndyBiker,

Thanks for forwarding. Some track based instruction would be great, though I wish I understood Adrien's message better. I'm guessing that JinGang is a track, presumably in Beijing? If so, and this project gathers momentum, I'm guessing we could probably replicate the effort down here in Shanghai.

thanks again, and cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear AndyBiker,

Thanks for forwarding. Some track based instruction would be great, though I wish I understood Adrien's message better. I'm guessing that JinGang is a track, presumably in Beijing? If so, and this project gathers momentum, I'm guessing we could probably replicate the effort down here in Shanghai.

thanks again, and cheers!
    Yes, Jing Gang Race track is in Beijing. I never met Adrien personally, but it seems he is in a group of experienced track riders. I think there is a group of track-ers in Shanghai as well.
    Andy

4. #4 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    Here is the Golden Port Motor Park Map

Can't get it to work, sorry.
    Last edited by chinabiker; 02-18-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    Andy

5. #5 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    is this the place?
    you copy the html code from the 'link' tag in the top R/H corner of the map, then you paste it here, go to advanced editing in post reply box, select the copied text then click on 'Gmap' icon and it is done! I can't work out how to keep the signpost thing but it was at the center of this map

Last edited by jape; 02-18-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #6 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    is this the place?
    you copy the html code from the 'link' tag in the top R/H corner of the map, then you paste it here, go to advanced editing in post reply box, click on Gmap icon and it is done! if this one comes up too close to somewhere else, click ZOOM OUT a half dozen times, i haven't worked that focus bit out properly yet
    Thanks jape, I know how to do it but ..
    It' is maybe the place. I think we have the Google Maps in China Offset issue here. When I use a code from Google maps being on the exact location, post it here it displays a location over 1 km different in N-S ans well as E-W directions

Copied your code:

Andy

7. #7 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    It is a known recent bug with goggle maps, not just in China as some I made ages ago work but some don't with the same sort of error in Australia. You can fix it by changing some of the embedded 'z' code if I remember rightly but that is still buggy too. Another fix is not to take the 'link' code from the map page but instead to click on the 'adjust your map' or whatever it is called and take the code from there. Maybe not worth the effort when you can just post the html code to the google map page and people can click that!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #8 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    http://goo.gl/maps/Je5m

What OS and Browser are you working with? I am on XP Pro and Chrome (10.0.648.82) / FF (4.0b11). The GM link function in Chrome is totally different from FF. The goo.gl thing is from Chrome, the only thing i get from it.
    Google recently changed to full vector data on Maps, so it might be the reason for the problems.
    Andy

9. #9 Re: A bit of safety for the upcoming season 
    Hmm, I am now using Ubuntu with Firefox but when I created some of those location maps before for private websites, I was changing about a lot, sometimes IE8 on Win XP and Win7 and sometimes Firefox, sometimes Opera. Do you think it is a cross-browser problem?

That link you just posted works correctly for me outside of China with high resolution satellite or map, but then again, apart from the red balloons so does the other one I posted finally ... so it may also depend where you are 'clicking' from?
    Another work around I have used is to take a screen shot and crop and insert as a fixed image. Not sure about copyright with that but that shouldn't matter if you post a link as well.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2