Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Roadworthy Laptops 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Actually, it wasn't me who filed on the HP DM1, it was Felix, and it'll be interesting to know how it fared on the Iron Butt tour from Xian to Suzhou, not that he made any pictures to edit. (I should talk; I still haven't filed my best ride report...)

Surely that box is available in Kunming!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #32 Re: Roadworthy Laptops 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks, fixed my post. Many things should be available in KM but aren't, or I'm just forever unlucky.

For most of my time in China, the more I look for something, the harder it gets to find it. Seriously I have a list of stuff I could never find here, in Kunming and Shenyang... 没有 没有 没有 没有 没有 This is the second word I learned in Chinese..

3. #33 Re: Roadworthy Laptops 
    Hi 斯拉波

The biketop is holding up great. I had it with me on my trip to xi'an and and really have no complaints. I never had to plug it in for 3 nights, was able to deal with maps and watch top gear before passing out. It doesn't get too hot on prolonged use and i find the 11" a good size for a useable portable laptop. Remember it's not a powerhouse, but it's very good for the money.

None of the HP dealers in shanghai had it either, don't know why. Buy it from a good seller on taobao and it should be fine!

Actually one little comment about the keyboard: it's good and very useable but i do miss having 'home' and 'end' keys, i used those those a lot. Making the F keys a 'function key' so that the media keys are directly accesible is a great move though!
    Last edited by felix; 07-11-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234