Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I also hate to buy something unique anywhere, especially in China. The question of parts, and a Goldwing is not going to be easy to take care of. But then again, people ride sidecars here, so what do I know, I'm stuck in Kunming and Yunnan... the biker's heaven, no place for a Goldwing
    Last edited by slabo; 02-26-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: stuck?

2. #12 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    ...I'm stuck in Kunming and Yunnan...
    "Stuck" is not the word I'd use for your location, Slabo.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #13 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you for your reply and advices Biker Doc.

i have been living in China for almost 5 years and riding everyday since i got here.
    I still have some motorbikes and a scooter. I love riding my 750cc or my scooter.
    By the way, very great scooter the Suzuki Burgman AN650 ;)

For some reasons, i am interested in a legal Wing or a BMW 1200LT. Because of the really high cost of these bikes, beeing legal would avoid to get it confiscated in case of unfortunate police control and to lose potentialy such a big amount of money.
    So if someone has or ever met or know someone with legal Jing A/Jing B Wing, please share the tips to get an idea if it worths it.

I am reading with pleasure and consideration all the replies and take good notes of the advices. And i am hoping to read some more :)

Drive safe,

Yves

4. #14 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    to Slabo:

;) have a nice trip, post some pics please

I also hate to buy something unique anywhere, especially in China. The question of parts, and a Goldwing is not going to be easy to take care of. But then again, people ride sidecars here, so what do I know, I'm stuck in Kunming and Yunnan... the biker's heaven, no place for a Goldwing

5. #15 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Yves,

I hope you find something that works for you. As for big Europeans riding two-up, I submit the following -- with the caveat that this JH600 has been vastly upgraded from stock.

Pfaelzer's muddy two-up journey...

And Pfaelzer's exotic Jialing...

good luck!

I tried this bike (Jialing 600) with and without sidecar last year. The look is good but the engine, power and sound did not put a huge smile on my face.
    I should try it again with some of the modifications made as explained in the link you sent. It could indeed be a good and cheap solution compared to a wing.

I will plan another trial of the Jialing 600 in the following days.

thanks for the link, good info

cheers

6. #16 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hi Yves

I'd really suggest you talk with the Gold Wing Riders club members - they'd be the ones to know how/if it can be done. I've been trying to find their business card for you, but I seem to have misplaced it - I will keep looking.

And yes, I've seen a couple of wings with A plates and, given the context of where and by whom they were being ridden, I suspect they were legal plates. My suspicion is that it can be done, somehow. I know that I have been offered plates on any bike I wish by some senior people, in return for favors I did them. Unfortunately, all my bikes were legal at that point.

By the way, I was in FHL on Friday (or is it FLH, I always get confused about that), over by the Harley dealer (FLH is the Benelli dealer), and they had a newish white wing in the showroom (it may have even been brand new). It looked really sharp! Those guys are also quite well-versed on what's involved with plating.

I also recall seeing wings on taobao for >300K rmb, being sold down in Guangzhou, but don't know what the stories are.

Happy hunting.
    Richard

PS: I've been toying with the idea of getting a legal HD Ultra for my Starbucks trips, so if you get a wing, we'll join forces and look down our noses at the 250-crowd.

7. #17 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    Figures - I find the b-card five minutes later ...

BTMC - 13801205751 (all Chinese riders - zero English)

They were handing out their cards at the Beijing MC show last year, so I think they wouldn't mind me posting it.

8. #18 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Hi Yves

I'd really suggest you talk with the Gold Wing Riders club members - they'd be the ones to know how/if it can be done. I've been trying to find their business card for you, but I seem to have misplaced it - I will keep looking.

And yes, I've seen a couple of wings with A plates and, given the context of where and by whom they were being ridden, I suspect they were legal plates. My suspicion is that it can be done, somehow. I know that I have been offered plates on any bike I wish by some senior people, in return for favors I did them. Unfortunately, all my bikes were legal at that point.

By the way, I was in FHL on Friday (or is it FLH, I always get confused about that), over by the Harley dealer (FLH is the Benelli dealer), and they had a newish white wing in the showroom (it may have even been brand new). It looked really sharp! Those guys are also quite well-versed on what's involved with plating.

I also recall seeing wings on taobao for >300K rmb, being sold down in Guangzhou, but don't know what the stories are.

Happy hunting.
    Richard

PS: I've been toying with the idea of getting a legal HD Ultra for my Starbucks trips, so if you get a wing, we'll join forces and look down our noses at the 250-crowd.
    Hi Richard,

I see very well where is the Benelli dealer. i guess I will go to visit them tomorrow to see what they have

and it will be with pleasure we should join forces to go to starbucks! :) i would say even better to go to the Iron Horse as i am also a Beijing Dragon!

Cheers,

Yves

9. #19 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Figures - I find the b-card five minutes later ...

BTMC - 13801205751 (all Chinese riders - zero English)

They were handing out their cards at the Beijing MC show last year, so I think they wouldn't mind me posting it.
    thank you for that!

10. #20 Re: looking for Honda Goldwing Jing A plates 
    Quote Originally Posted by yves View Post
    ... i would say even better to go to the Iron Horse as i am also a Beijing Dragon!
    Oh my god - you're THAT Yves - damn, I feel so stupid

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast