Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 A286rules introduction 
    A286.PNG

Hey all,

I have had kinlon 200sm for about 18months now.

Good things to date - that feeling when you are down low scraping the pegs around twisties (just dont push them flexy pegs back down like I stupidly did once and make the back end skip as well as my heart).

Bad things to date. Battery - new owners should ensure the battery has been given a charge for about 3 hours when they first setup the bike. My bike shop (Proracer West Gosford) didnt do this and it lasted only about 3 months. Of course this isnt covered by warranty. The battery shop guy gave me the exact battery and it is still going strong to date.

Hub: - now chewed out due to me listening to the bike shop saying 'it is supposed to have that much movement'

My mods: -
    HID light kit (Delonix). I? stuffed the hid globe after about 3 months. They were happy to replace it under their 12 month warranty.
    Led blinkers and digital flasher (silly me bought a 3 wire one instead of a 2 wire one - I was still able to get it to work after scratching my head for an hour or so).
    Fender removal and led tail light - picked up cheap on ebay after a guy was worried about drilling holes into his flash new kwaka to mount it properly.
    Neons: - call me a tosser if you want but I think I am cool. I dont use them much....I gets a bit annoying when you come up behind someone and they immediatlely drop to the speed limit thinking I am a revenue raiser. (the neons are blue).

Thanks all who have put up their carby/exhaust/sprocket mods...as soon I get my new rear wheel that will be the next thing I play with.
    Last edited by jape; 02-21-2011 at 07:05 AM.

2. #2 A286rules introduction 
    Welcome mate, good to see another happy Kinlon owner! They're not a bad machine. I am hoping that some of the guys that got them early here will post back after a few tens of thousands of KM. Lets hope they last that long!

Where are you from? Can you put it in your profiel under 'location'. It helps sometimes when sourcing parts etc., Thank you.
    I am guessing the A286 is your local road, I remember it, a bunch of us used to go that way across country from Maidstone down to Devon/Cornwall sometimes when we didn't fancy the motorways. Lots of bends through the woods, ups and downs, a great m'bike road if they haven't ruined it. Foggy too at times.

Taste is a funny thing, if I were younger I too would have blue neon, I do have a red/blue flasher that fits in a 12v lighter socket, very tempted to use it but think it is probably highly illegal.

How many watts is the HID kit? Nothing caught fire yet? that remains a mod for me to do later.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: A286rules introduction 
    A286rule,

Welcome, I have the Qlink XF200 SM version of your bike.
    Please explain the hub problem,
    "Hub: - now chewed out due to me listening to the bike shop saying 'it is supposed to have that much movement'"
    Thanks,
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter