Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 A286rules introduction 
    A286.PNG

Hey all,

I have had kinlon 200sm for about 18months now.

Good things to date - that feeling when you are down low scraping the pegs around twisties (just dont push them flexy pegs back down like I stupidly did once and make the back end skip as well as my heart).

Bad things to date. Battery - new owners should ensure the battery has been given a charge for about 3 hours when they first setup the bike. My bike shop (Proracer West Gosford) didnt do this and it lasted only about 3 months. Of course this isnt covered by warranty. The battery shop guy gave me the exact battery and it is still going strong to date.

Hub: - now chewed out due to me listening to the bike shop saying 'it is supposed to have that much movement'

My mods: -
    HID light kit (Delonix). I? stuffed the hid globe after about 3 months. They were happy to replace it under their 12 month warranty.
    Led blinkers and digital flasher (silly me bought a 3 wire one instead of a 2 wire one - I was still able to get it to work after scratching my head for an hour or so).
    Fender removal and led tail light - picked up cheap on ebay after a guy was worried about drilling holes into his flash new kwaka to mount it properly.
    Neons: - call me a tosser if you want but I think I am cool. I dont use them much....I gets a bit annoying when you come up behind someone and they immediatlely drop to the speed limit thinking I am a revenue raiser. (the neons are blue).

Thanks all who have put up their carby/exhaust/sprocket mods...as soon I get my new rear wheel that will be the next thing I play with.
    Last edited by jape; 02-21-2011 at 07:05 AM.