Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    This is a Wuyang Honda made in Guongdong China, so its also a chinese bike.

2. #32 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Everyone,

This bike is starting to get quite popular amongst the expats here recently. It's being sold by only one small shop in Hanoi, but he's selling 30 of these every month and the number is climbing as more people see this bike on the street.
    I just bought a yellow model and its my first manual bike (been driving scooters here the last 5 years).
    The bike runs very well and its silky smooth, but it runs really hot. I've done a 300km oil change and will do another one shortly (at 600km), but I'm quite amazed by how much heat this bike generates.. I get that metal cooling sound when I turn off the engine, and I'm usually only driving for about 30 minutes at about 3-5k rpm. What has been your experience with the bike so far in terms of heat?
    Also I'm super keen to get an aftermarket exhaust system and air intake. Has anybody done this yet with the RR150? How was the performance increase?
    Last edited by maliusmaximus; 04-16-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: removing name

3. #33 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    Hi there and welcome, my honda 150RR does only 105 kph it has a moded exhaust from the honda guys, its loud as hell and after 50/60 kilometers its damn annoying and your ears start to buzz, i wish now that i left the original on as its so quiet , its a genuine exhaust recommended from honda for this bike, BUT i dont RECOMMEND it as ITS too noisy ( actually the sound is really great when you first turn on) but for long didtance like i do back and forth to Yangzou 74 kilometers and back its too loud, so have to wear ear plugs. i also think it slows down the bike , does not seem to be any more pull after 103 kph, some other bikes without the mod do 125kph so what does that tell you...all in all its still a smooth bike and acceleration is good in all gears i do recommend the bike without the moded exhaust though

4. #34 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the advice Robeta
    Here's a link for the motorbike as it comes to Vietnam:
    http://xecontay.com/honda-rr150/98240.html
    You'll see the exhaust is really long. Is it the same exhaust that yours came with?
    It certainly is nice and quiet, and I'm not looking for something super loud, but I do wonder if I got a good quality low restriction exhaust, whether it would improve performance significantly. As long as I got a good one I hope I can see lower air restriction and not too much noise. What was the exhaust that you got instead?
    I don't know much about motorbikes yet, but I figured that with the narrow bore and very long length of the pipe, this exhaust would have higher restriction than a high end sports exhaust.

5. #35 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    Hi there ,, yes that is the exhaust you get with the honda,,, and its very very quiet, hardly any noise, unlike my one, so i am going to swap it to the opriginal same as in the pic,,,,the only downside for doing this is its a stainless steel and the original will rust in time,

Hope that was some help.

6. #36 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok cool, maybe I'll stick with the stock exhaust. I was going to fork out and buy a proper Yoshimura exhaust system and air filter, but if you are sure it won't make a positive difference I'll hang off.
    A few other things that the dealer didn't seem to know much about:
    1: I changed the oil at 300km. When should I change again? The dealer said 2000km but I know other people with bigger, high end sports bikes who said they change at 100, 200, 500, 1000. Should I change again? It seems like the first time I changed the oil the engine ran cooler. It's running really hot again (600km), so should I do another change or wait for 2000km?
    2: The engine stalls when I'm sitting still/going slowly and turn the handle bars fully to the left. I think this means the clutch is being slightly let out by turning the handle and thus extending the clutch cable. Is that the case? Is there a fix for this or just a motorbike thing?

Incidentally the bike has just been re-released here in orange color as the CBF150 (you can check out the link in my last post). Its a pity because orange is my fav color.

Finally what are your general thoughts on Honda Wuyang? How would you compare the quality of the bikes coming out of this factory to say a Japanese Honda bike or one made by Honda in Thailand/Malaysia?

7. #37 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    best to change your oil now and make sure its the oil for warm weather.

will add some more info tomorrow as no time at present.........

8. #38 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    C-Moto Noob
    So any further information from anybody who has owned this bike for a while and done mods?
    I've had the bike for 2 months now and very happy.
    I've got it up to about 95 at 7.5k RPM in 5th I think it would redline at about 110-110.
    I'm still tentatively interested in an upgraded exhaust and air filter. Has anyone actually analyzed the power profile of the stock exhaust or is there a whitesheet on it somewhere?
    Anyone made any other mods?
    Also Robeta, your bike has a scoop attached on the front of the bike under the carb. Did that come with the bike or did you order it? The dealer here in Hanoi only has the black one and says thats all that they make, but clearly they also make red. I need a yellow one.

9. #39 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    Hi there, the scoop on the bottom of the bike came with it as all the mods were done at the shop even before i had seen the bike , i can only guess that you can get a scoop at the WUYANG Honda dealers in Guangzou, there is a yellow one available too, i have seen a yellow bike with all the same mods at an exibit for wuyang honda, you may even find it on the net somewhere, there definatly is a yellow one.........
    I only get 113kph with my modded exhaust on mine and its loud as hell, the seat is also a mod and its hard as hell so long didsance is out of the question as i had ridden 120 kilometers one day and my back side was killing me,
    They are good bikes but other stuff like putting on a bigger tyre is impossible as the chain is so close to the original tyre so no room for expansion, for a 150 i think its slow, in town centre its ok but not for distance, hope that helps, cheers Robeta

10. #40 Re: Honda WH150-2 aka 150RR 
    tried to edit last post but it did not seem to move, i found out that when i tightened the clamp holding onto the muffler that gases were leaking out previously after that my speed went up from 105 to 113 kph go figure???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast