Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    Welcome to here!

Have you looked into Suzuki for tips? The Qingqi 200 engine is based on the Suzuki 200cc engine as Qingqi is the OEM for Suzuki's small engines. We have had several discussions on what people did to their Qingqi bikes--look around in the search for the brand name (in the US) 'Qlink XF 200' as that is who imported the bikes to the US. Other regional brands' names should show up, too.

2. #12 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    I have read a lot of these disscussions for now and keep doing it. I have also thought about replacing or grinding the camshaft, but there is'nt very much info on that.

The workshop belongs to a friend of mine, there are a lots of bikes besides mine to be honest. Too bad I can only work on my machines on weekends because of school.

I have the frame and swingarm painted already and the bike needs just few more things to be ok, although plastics still need some work to get them look ok. I'll try to keep in mind not to forget my camera at home when the bike is ready to ride, I'd like to take some pics while it is shiny and "new" with no dirt on it.

3. #13 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    Well, I havent got enough time to do the plastics, our track isnt wet any more and I needed to ride. Until the gearbox broke. I have ordered new transmission and I'm also waiting for a spare engine so it will soon be running again.

Some pics of the project:
    P4160006.jpgDT200.jpg

The engine is a beast with straight-through exhaust and rejetted carb, changing the needle improves low end and midrange a lot but I havent found any needles that will fit, the one I got was too tapered and the mixture went really rich. Will continue trying to make it go faster. I might make a new thread about my mods when I think that I have enough to show and talk about. :)

To be honest, I think that Yamaha DT125R looks way cooler with that big four stroke engine than it did with its tiny two stroke... :D

4. #14 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Extinction View Post
    Unfortunately the QM200 engine does not have kickstart, which I'd like much more than the electric one. But at first I need to make it run, then complain.
    Funny because my Qlink XF200 has a kick starter.

I thought they were the same engine.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #15 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    There must be different versions of it. For example, I cant use original kickstarter bits on my engine and get it work because the crankcase and clutch cover are different and the kickstart shaft cant be put in, the second shaft in the gearbox is shorter so there is no possibility to add kickstarter idle gear, and the clutch basket does not have a smaller gear behind the big one for the kickstart as well.

Basically tey are the same engines but they just have some differences between different versions. Just like automatic or manual cam chain tesioner etc. When mine is marked K166FMI, I've read about K166FML in forums and so on.

6. #16 Re: Hello from Estonia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Extinction View Post
    Well, I havent got enough time to do the plastics, our track isnt wet any more and I needed to ride. Until the gearbox broke. I have ordered new transmission and I'm also waiting for a spare engine so it will soon be running again.

Some pics of the project:
    P4160006.jpgDT200.jpg

The engine is a beast with straight-through exhaust and rejetted carb, changing the needle improves low end and midrange a lot but I havent found any needles that will fit, the one I got was too tapered and the mixture went really rich. Will continue trying to make it go faster. I might make a new thread about my mods when I think that I have enough to show and talk about. :)

To be honest, I think that Yamaha DT125R looks way cooler with that big four stroke engine than it did with its tiny two stroke... :D
    Dat bike! Damn cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12