Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: PD250 questions

1. #1 PD250 questions 
    Great pics thanks! Hate to ask an off-topic question, but for some reason I don't seem to be allowed to post new threads (if someone who can is willing to start a new one I'd appreciate it) - just wondering about the PD250...http://orient-rainbow-factory.com/vi...51&sort_id=198

MOVED: looks like our anti bot security is throwing up some anomalies mate, have contacted site owner to inform him and will do what I can meanwhile, jape
    Last edited by jape; 02-27-2011 at 10:55 PM.

2. #2 Re: PD250 questions 
    Thanks Jape, appreciate it.

I'm just curious about this bike and about htat site - 750 for a bike that sells for 3200 normally, gotta be a catch no?
    Anybody have any thoughts about it?

3. #3 Re: PD250 questions 
    Have a look deeper, they have choppers for less than $300, full sized, and 2011 Mercedes-Benz S550 4MATIC for $12650 ... you have either found an incredible source and should keep it quiet or as you say, a scam of some sort! Why not email them and ask them how come so cheap and if any sort of approved papers come with them? I even had a look on the front page to see if you had missed something like 1/4 scale models in a huge red font!!!!! Ask around on the USA sites and see if anyone has had dealings with them and check the better business bureaus and fraud watchdogs whatever they are called in USA. To good to be true usually is. You could put our hound-dog, MJH, onto it and depending what planet he is on today he will nut out all the details I am sure.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: PD250 questions 
    IMHO - Looks like they are an Out of the country dealer, I personally don't trust a site that doesn't publish its info, address and telephone number are key for me.
    I'd be a bit leery about ordering anything from them, unless you can find people who have, and say both positive and negative things about them.
    It also doesn't state what the shipping charges might be , tarrif's to be paid, import charges, and so forth.

5. #5 Re: PD250 questions 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Have a look deeper, they have choppers for less than $300, full sized, and 2011 Mercedes-Benz S550 4MATIC for $12650 ... you have either found an incredible source and should keep it quiet or as you say, a scam of some sort! Why not email them and ask them how come so cheap and if any sort of approved papers come with them? I even had a look on the front page to see if you had missed something like 1/4 scale models in a huge red font!!!!! Ask around on the USA sites and see if anyone has had dealings with them and check the better business bureaus and fraud watchdogs whatever they are called in USA. To good to be true usually is. You could put our hound-dog, MJH, onto it and depending what planet he is on today he will nut out all the details I am sure.
    Jape - totally agree with you. Had no intention of messing with that particular site. Found a supplier on ali-baba that has them for $1500 shipped which still sounds scammy-low in terms of price...so I'm proceeding with definite caution. Also not about to pull the trigger on it until I get some actual feedback on the bike itself which, despite googling like mad, I've been unable to find. Definitely has a nice look etc, but who the hell knows?