Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A little dink video link 
    I'm now pretty close to getting my China license. I was looking for video's of riding tips and what have you, and stumbled across this horror video.

It's enough to make you stop and wonder, is it really worth it? That could easily happen to any rider out there.

I do't know how to upload videos but check this link. It aint pretty.
    http://www.mototu.com/moto/Kawasaki/ZX-10R/video/444/

2. #2 Re: A little dink video link 
    Sorry, just realised this thread is in the wrong forum.

3. #3 Re: A little dink video link 
    You should realise that dink is a very pejorative term against Chinese and absolutely unwelcome here, shows your ignorance if not deliberate intent. You have been around here a bit so you get a chance to please explain, change title or it and you will be deleted.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: A little dink video link 
    Jape, nothing like that was meant by the term 'dink'. If it's a slur against Chinese people then plz change the title or delete the thread. I've tried and i can't do it.

Where i'm from a dink means a minor crash or bump. For example "Oh, he's dinked it", or "Don't worry, it's only a little dink" I've never heard the term used in any other way.

I'm not ignorant mate, my wife is Chinese, i've lived in China for 4 years and love the country and it's people. It's my home.

Maybe my grasp of language is not as good as yours Jape, so for that i apologise.

5. #5 Re: A little dink video link 
    I gave you the chance to explain, and you have, that is all I ask. Don't take it personally. It may be generational as much as anything, for my generation it was definitely an insult along the lines of slope and gook so you should understand me well! I felt all would know of that thus my accusation of your ignorance but I am quite happy to accept you use it as you do, it is also mentioned as such in Wikipedia. I am very pleased to see you love the country and people both individually and as a group. You know them more than I do but I have be aware of such things as a moderator. Glad I am wrong.

wikipedia: Dink
    Slang, first 4 entries
    A person of Chinese/far-eastern origin
    A pejorative term for a North Vietnamese soldier
    D.I.N.K: Dual Income No Kids, a financial term used for couples with no kids
    A 'jerk' or 'goof'

If I had felt you did it deliberately, it would just have been deleted, but instead it was done publicly to show why, NOT AT ALL to have a go at you. I tend to say when I am doing that! If you ever need to change a title , then just sign in to edit and go advanced, I think that allows it. Please keep on with us, you are a valued member.
    Last edited by jape; 03-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #6 Re: A little dink video link 
    cant belive that what a nice bike, average woman car driver, i liked the way he wasnt hurt and just stepped over his wreck lmfao
    Pulse Adrenaline 125 Beast of a bike

7. #7 Re: A little dink video link 
    That's really shit luck, what a nice bike!

I hope the chick in the car didn't sustain any trauma from messing up her make up or making a typo in her text message or whatever else she was doing instead of driving her car.

it is very cool how he just walked off it though!

8. #8 Re: A little dink video link 
    Look at the gap between the cars after the crash. That could have gone horribly wrong.
    Apparently he was also a bit surprised by the van stopping in front of him.
    Andy

9. #9 Re: A little dink video link 
    He was a very lucky man. He just kind of bounced off the car infront and landed on his feet. Mental! His bike was squashed to about a third of it's original size.

It kind of worries me a bit because cos there's absolutely nothing you can do to protect yourself from an incident like that. You can ride defensively but like Felix said, if some clown is texting or 'off with the fairies' it's your life that's on the line. I wonder if any of the experienced riders have any pearls of wisdom regarding bike safety for a new rider?

Jape, fair enough. I had no idea. Hope i haven't offended anybody.

10. #10 Re: A little dink video link 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    He was a very lucky man. He just kind of bounced off the car infront and landed on his feet. Mental! His bike was squashed to about a third of it's original size.

It kind of worries me a bit because cos there's absolutely nothing you can do to protect yourself from an incident like that. You can ride defensively but like Felix said, if some clown is texting or 'off with the fairies' it's your life that's on the line. I wonder if any of the experienced riders have any pearls of wisdom regarding bike safety for a new rider?

Jape, fair enough. I had no idea. Hope i haven't offended anybody.
    He was riding casually. There is defensive tactics for christmas three lights. First you keep distance to the car in front of you and you position yourself not to the middle back arch of the car but on the side back arch so you can just vroom vroom to the side of the car if you see from mirror a square block coming on your six.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast