Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    i need some advice as im taking my full bike test in may yes thats a while away but that sjust the UK for you, i need to know the seat height on the supermoto XTC 250 as i am a short rider only 5'7 860mm seat height is the maximum at which i feel comfortable i reade a review form a few years ago saying this man at 5'7 could easily sit on one, but that was on 16 inch wheels not the 17 inch wheels at the current, if it is over 860mm seat height is it possible to lower it to that or lower stil?l

2. #2 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    According to the Pitster website specs, the bike has a 37" seat height/34.5" on lower link, not sure on how to convert that to metric, but this is the specs link

http://www.pitsterpro.com/bike/specs/id/31

ChinaV is our Galaxy XTR guru, but his is the enduro, not the motard, but I bet he can give you first hand info

Which bike do you have, as Galaxy and Puzey/Pitster Pro are not the same? Puzey is now made by an OEM, but used to be made by Shuopu Science where the Pitster XTR 250 comes from, and Galaxy makes their own XTR 250

3. #3 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    No wonder nobody buys them….a 37” seat height is insane you would need a step stool to get on and off it. I suppose a woman is behind this error, one that thinks she is getting 8 when only getting 5 1/2? WTF have people have lost all sense of dimension and perception?

4. #4 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    MJH you are a valued member here and probably no more insane than any of the rest of us. However today some of your posts are offensive or at least very much on the edge as you are no doubt very aware.

Please check yourself over and try and calm down or whatever you usually do to rein yourself in. If it is meds then take one, if it is anger or hurt for something off forum then PM me and I will happily talk, even on phone.

If you are just trying to be a bastard like me then you are failing, not pulling it off. Relax man.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    XTR is 940mm (36-1/4 inches)

It's a dirt bike... all dirt bikes have a tall seat height.

There's no problem for a 171cm (5 foot 7-1/3 inch) person to ride the motard version.

Drop the forks in the triple clamps and soften up the spring until you get comfortable.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #6 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    这位帅哥像谁
    looks like who?

This "boy". hahaha....
    be careful what you put into mouth these days, hormone can go wrong.
    (I know I should post in TIC thread, off topic, 罪过..罪过..)

7. #7 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    39338_103904873000421_100001427251518_28856_4683097_n.jpg
    You mean he's a handsome boy? I can't tell what is what these days.
    I was pretty handsome once 40 years ago lol ... now I am an ugly old bugger - and I didn't take any hormones!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #8 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    I broke my arm….120 pain killers later… and I have drank a half a bottle of Tequila… since it happened on FEB -1. I now have a steal plate with 14 screws in it…. I think the Tequila got to me, I am not taking both I had to quit the pain killers I felt an addiction coming I kind of missed them? I had a bottle of 1800 in the cupboard for years…I never thought I ever drink that much that fast!

I am sober now…..for now.

It fucking sucks….I fractured the radial in three places lost my footing on a sheet of ice and jammed it into the wrist, I passed out when I looked at it, the arm was bent.

I am very very ornery lately.

9. #9 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Culture gap?
    td_ref is refering to this "woman"

10. #10 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I broke my arm….120 pain killers later… and I have drank a half a bottle of Tequila… since it happened on FEB -1. I now have a steal plate with 14 screws in it…. I think the Tequila got to me, I am not taking both I had to quit the pain killers I felt an addiction coming I kind of missed them? I had a bottle of 1800 in the cupboard for years…I never thought I ever drink that much that fast!

I am sober now…..for now.

It fucking sucks….I fractured the radial in three places lost my footing on a sheet of ice and jammed it into the wrist, I passed out when I looked at it, the arm was bent.

I am very very ornery lately.
    Dear MJH,

Thanks for that update. Damn, so sorry to learn of this misfortune, and your explanation really helps to understand what you are going through. You've got five more screws in your arm than I have in my shoulder, which still hurts like hell six months after I broke my clavicle in Kunming.

Are you getting good medical care? You are up to five weeks since your fall, so hopefully you're making some progress by now.

In any case, you've got friends in MyChinaMoto, and we're all rooting for you to get better soon.

I'll temporarily raise my "orneriness tolerance threshold" (OTT), so feel free to spleen out at me if you want. Hope you can give us regular updates on your healing.

I also apologize for my snide remark in another thread. Hope you can accept!

cheers and get well soon,
    euphonius
    Last edited by euphonius; 03-07-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast