Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Well if you wish we can treat it as an aberration.

Some of us have difficulty understanding you anyway at the best of times. Yes, communication is a two-way street but when it comes to losing it you are as able as any of us it seems. Please try to keep your posts free of direct insult and so on. Thats my job ... and others moderate me.

Parts of this thread are now way off topic, which is fun and acceptable - present transgender questions to one side, let us not further insult women or men with small cocks or a liking for bathing in ketchup and get back to motorcycles. That, you do very well!

Thank you for your candour, I wish you well with your recovery - and having resisted prescription drug opiate dependency myself I know that story well, you are to be commended in not accepting that solution. Maybe tequila is a bit of a monster, try sips of a good brandy?

You are appreciated in all your difference MJH so stay with us as best you can. Poetry is a good outlet for anger I find.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I broke my arm….120 pain killers later… and I have drank a half a bottle of Tequila… since it happened on FEB -1. I now have a steal plate with 14 screws in it…. I think the Tequila got to me, I am not taking both I had to quit the pain killers I felt an addiction coming I kind of missed them? I had a bottle of 1800 in the cupboard for years…I never thought I ever drink that much that fast!

I am sober now…..for now.

It fucking sucks….I fractured the radial in three places lost my footing on a sheet of ice and jammed it into the wrist, I passed out when I looked at it, the arm was bent.

I am very very ornery lately.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #12 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    thanks for the information most of it helps allot, just need to find a importer now to get one here in time for when my insurance is up to be renewed

3. #13 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear MJH,

Thanks for that update. Damn, so sorry to learn of this misfortune, and your explanation really helps to understand what you are going through. You've got five more screws in your arm than I have in my shoulder, which still hurts like hell six months after I broke my clavicle in Kunming.

Are you getting good medical care? You are up to five weeks since your fall, so hopefully you're making some progress by now.

In any case, you've got friends in MyChinaMoto, and we're all rooting for you to get better soon.

I'll temporarily raise my "orneriness tolerance threshold" (OTT), so feel free to spleen out at me if you want. Hope you can give us regular updates on your healing.

I also apologize for my snide remark in another thread. Hope you can accept!

cheers and get well soon,
    euphonius
    Did you fall with a bike, Euphonius?

And tolerable recovery to everyone.

4. #14 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Did you fall with a bike, Euphonius?
    Afraid so, Mikko. Entirely self-inflicted. Broke both of my cardinal rules: No riding at night, and no riding at night especially if the weather is bad. Was following Slabo and his girlfriend across Kunming to their favorite mushroom restaurant, and was struggling to hold a decent line in chaotic traffic, poor pavement, and general unfamiliarity with the city. Still pretty new to the bike, and to motorcycling in general too. I probably applied a bit of front brake just as I was steering slightly, and she went down very quickly. Snapped my clavicle, and ended what up to then had been a great ride.

Hope to get the titanium shank out of my shoulder soon, maybe in April.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #15 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Oh, I am very sorry to hear that. Glad to see anyway you did not want to quit the riding.

It seems tarmac in China is lottery. People fall here and there.

6. #16 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    motorcyclists fall. most get up and keep riding. i'm working on it. actually been out quite a few times, though i'm super cautious. another fall on an unhealed shoulder would not be clever.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #17 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Well I guess taking that kind of damage after falling can make you cautious. You took some heavy damage. But there really is not too much to worry, and it is good to try ride relaxed. A bike requires so much controlling by rider that too cautious riding can make you unable to do things you need to do. If I were you, I would just be carefull to not crash on things and to not bend the bike too much on curves. Keeping good attention on tarmac especially on curves might be good too in case one could learn to spot that evil tarmac in China.

The best thing is that there is nothing wrong in riding your own speed. So take your time and let the speeders go. In theory if you need to ride fast then you are doing something wrong.

8. #18 Re: pitsterpro/ puzey/ galaxy XTR 250 sm 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I broke my arm….120 pain killers later… and I have drank a half a bottle of Tequila… since it happened on FEB -1. I now have a steal plate with 14 screws in it…. I think the Tequila got to me, I am not taking both I had to quit the pain killers I felt an addiction coming I kind of missed them? I had a bottle of 1800 in the cupboard for years…I never thought I ever drink that much that fast!

I am sober now…..for now.

It fucking sucks….I fractured the radial in three places lost my footing on a sheet of ice and jammed it into the wrist, I passed out when I looked at it, the arm was bent.

I am very very ornery lately.
    MJH,
    Sorry to hear about your broken arm. It will heal.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12