Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post

8 to 2 eh?

CC
    Don't quote me exactly on the time, but I couldn't hear him well..he was annoyed (why don't they have a recording??) but I would suggest a morning call.

Quote Originally Posted by rizn View Post
    Did any one notice that the NEW xp200 has the usd forks, that means the 21 inch rim and tire setup will fit the xf, and the 18 in the rear, wonder if I could get em from q-link, then I could change from supermoto to enduro at please
    Welcome Rizn to here. Carl had given me a website to a distributor that has since closed, but changed locations called www.gogomotorsports.com Actually, I think I gave it to you, too. On the phone number, they give an alternative number to the new location, and the guy said he had 12 Qingqi enduros (21"/18") bikes for like $1200. Call gogo or whatever they are now, and see if they have any left.

10-4

Rizn,

You got one mean looking motard there!

Yes they are longer for sure. I actually asked at the factory if it is possible and they said it wasn't. I don't have a USD version of the 21" model so can't give you exact measurements but it's not hard to tell from your picture.

The USD's for 21" wheels have more travel and need to be longer. Imagine a 21" wheel on your motard forks then consider how much room is left between the wheel and fender then take into consideration suspension travel. Not too much room there yeah?

If you wanted to do a full swap, you'd have to order the wheels (DR200 wheels will fit fine), the USD fork legs (one of the same tube diameter), a new fender (as the motard fender will be too short) and probably a longer front brake line.

I have seen USD models for the 200GY at the factory and know they exist but has anyone confirmed the new XP's do come with USD's? Besides that one picture it still looks like they're standard style fork tubes.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by rizn View Post
    They are longer, do you know for sure, could you tell me the actual lengths for both please, that way I could determine the right size wheel, I dont care about looks, but there is a reason super motos have 17s and enduros and dirt bikes have bigger and skinnier front tires and smaller but thicker rear tires, the idea in the dirt is to keep your weight off the front and more on the rear, I love the street ride of the 17s, but they are ineffective in soft dry dirt, Would love to have a set of enduro knobbys I could just switch on, Would be the true meaning of DUAL SPORT, Right now I have knobbys on the 17s, they do fine in most dirt, but when you get in super soft and rutted dirt they are not near as good as my dirtbike with 21in front and 18 in rear.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    ...www.gogomotorsports.com Actually, I think I gave it to you, too. On the phone number, they give an alternative number to the new location,...
    I think the link should be:
    http://gogomotorsports.net/index.php

The .com page looks like an interesting forum though!

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Wisgolf,

I got some news for you and everybody.

QingQi has an office to buy direct from the company located in Richmond, VA. You can contact them at (804) 231-5811

They will drop-ship and have a 6month or 1,000miles total warranty on all parts (excluding consumables like tires, brake pads, etc...). They are fully stocked with parts and offer a same or next day turn around on warranty/ordered parts.

They only have two of the 200GY Supermotards (QLinkXF200) left - one in silver and one in black. The reason why there are only two left is because the companies need to get their bikes EPA re-certified this year and apparently it's more difficult this time. The certs are in process but may be one or two months before it clears.

After that, they will bring in many more 200GY's and likely the QM200-2D

- Click for larger -

QLink is almost or already out of inventory and might not be getting more. I have asked QingQi in Richmond for more info and will make a separate post in the manufacturers section when it arrives.

Let me know if you have any questions or how it goes if you contact them.

CC
    Crazy Carl, I called this place, they have one 200 left, he quoted me $1200, but when he found out I was not a dealer he said it would be $2,200 plus shipping. Not a terrible deal, but not that great either. Thanks for the info. I think if the Qlink dealer doesn't come through with a great deal, I might take a trip to that United Motors dealer north of me. Their bikes look great plus they have a 3 year warrenty on the powertrain and 18 months on the rest of the bike.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think the XF200 is awesome and seems like a great buy. I cant wait to get one. My only problem is, I cant find one near me right now. The closest Ive found so far is 600 miles, YIKES!! And from what Im hearing QLINK may not be distributing them anymore, and Im guessing it may take a while before we see them under a different name. I spoke with my local QLINK dealer today and he said "QLINK will not be selling them anymore." My concern is the warranty. Is it covered by QLINK or QINGQI. I really hope to see this bike live on. If I mail order an XF200 do I still get the warranty, or is only from the dealer.
    Last edited by DIRTY151; 06-19-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Dirty,

Welcome to the board! Since QLink is an importer, if you buy it from QLink then they are responsible for the warranty. The good news is I've never heard of anyone having to do a warranty claim on the XF's but the bad news is I've never heard of anyone having a good experience with their warrantly claims when they need to make them.

I really wish it was easier to get these bikes and find support for them. You would think someone would pick up these bikes and run but it's not happening and I know QingQi is looking for a new importer... but even then..there's no guaranty it will be any better than QLink in terms of service and distribution. The ideal solution is for the companies to open direct distribution but that's a risk almost none of them are willing to take.

The whole thing seems a little sad to me. There are good products out there not being represented, distributed and supported so it makes it extremely difficult for an interested buyer to actually get a hold of one.

If they can find one importer who not only has good customer support but is willing to offer the product at "non-money-grabbing" prices and really believes in the product then the tables could turn. It can happen, and let's hope it's soon!

What do you ride now?

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Right now I have a few dirt bikes (none street legal) CRF150F, KLX 110, CRF50. One of each size. haha (Im really into minibikes) Thats why Im looking into the XF200, somthing I can ride to work and around town. Would you know where I may find a QINGQI model here in the U.S.
    Last edited by DIRTY151; 06-19-2008 at 05:12 AM.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That is disappointing news regarding the Qlink, hopefully its not true. I'm a little worried about the United Motors brand as well. The dealer here in Wisconsin is selling 2007s not 2008s. I'm not even sure if 2008s exist. He will give me a nice deal on a SMF200, but if the brand stops existing parts can become a problem. I've been looking at craigslist for used Jap bikes or KTMs, maybe it would be better to go that route.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast