Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PresterJohn View Post
    UM in USA: road bikes, Hyosung, from Korea. Dual sports and scooters, Chinese.

tcs
    I second that.

i talked to my dealer. he said the issue with qlink being pushed out is totally false.

he claims he talked to qingqi directly. i don't know who is right.

obviously anyone can be wrong about something. i am not immune.

all i know is he is fully stocked. and is selling them. a lot of them.

makes me wonder if qlink is just trying to get rid of some crappy dealers. by not restocking them.

i am questioning why qingqi's warehouse has only 2 bikes available to ship when they don't stock qlink sumos (the bikes that they claim are being canceled). they would/should stock qingqi sumos to begin with.

someone, (not any of you guys as you are just reporting what you are being told) is full of sh*t and it's beginning to piss me off. (just a little bit).

T'is very frustrating. Here's what I can make of it, just from my POV.

1) QingQi's warehouse in Richmond is not really QingQi but simply another importer. Based on what I was told, I think there was an language problem mixed with a little wishful thinking on my part on that one. One thing for sure is, QingQi does NOT have a direct distribution center or warehouse in North America, has no plans for one and is still looking for new importers.

2) Whether or not QingQi is happy with QLink and vice-versa is now a moot point. As long as QLink is selling the units, QingQi will supply. The problem is QLink is gouging customers on these bike and capping the potential market so they can reap short-term profits.

3) This whole thing (to me) sounds like "I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind." I guess business is business.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by PresterJohn View Post
    UM in USA: road bikes, Hyosung, from Korea. Dual sports and scooters, Chinese.

tcs
    Thanks TCS and Culcune. I guess I got confused when I saw the Hyosung 200GY next to their other Korean made bikes at the show. Seems kinda silly to me that an importer would import bikes from a company who's in turn importing their products from yet another company in another country.

I guess it was done like that just to offer a more complete line up but I sure do wish the industry would filter itself out a little.

CC

Volks I beleive u, I have talked to jp motorsports and they are a kickass company,when it comes to customer care, plus they sell the xf200 right next to the suzuki,yamaha,kawi,ducati, if I were q-link that is where I would want to be too I wonder how much people pay for the sundown 200, if we new that, we could compare sundown to q-link, just a thought, AND BY THE WAYor btw I have been jumping my xf200, nothing serious, max 8ft, have to land perfect, but it takes it, the rear shock is good but the front forks need to be stiffer, any IDEAS maybe I will talk my girl into taking pics, but since the photos on here are so fing beautiful, it makes me a little embarresed with the whole camera phone thing

Quote Originally Posted by rizn View Post
    ... AND BY THE WAYor btw I have been jumping my xf200, nothing serious, max 8ft, have to land perfect, but it takes it, the rear shock is good but the front forks need to be stiffer, any IDEAS maybe I will talk my girl into taking pics, but since the photos on here are so fing beautiful, it makes me a little embarresed with the whole camera phone thing
    Other people's pictures (OPP!) can never be so good you should consider not taking your own pictures. Seeing the world from different POV's is what it's all about so don't hesitate to snap a few. Other people may be envious to see an XF jumped - hell, I can't jump bikes. Just make sure your girl knows when to hit the shutter release and come down right.

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for all the good info guys, I bought a 2006 Ninja 250 yesterday. I know its not a dual purpose bike like I originally posted, but the deal was quite good. $2,400 for a 14,000 rpm liquid cooled bullet proof bike was hard for me to pass up. I think I would have loved the Qlink or UM SMF200, but it seems a bit too much up in the air right now.

Congrats Wizzy! That's understandable and I'm glad you found a good ride.

Got pics!?!?!?

CC

ya that is a great alternative. that would have been my bike if i did not find the xf200!

glad to hear you got a nice bike for a great price! you got a fantastic deal.

ya where are the pics man? don't be messin' with us! heheheh.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE FUEL TANK ON THE XF200 IS METAL OR PLASTIC, OR METAL WITH A PLASTIC COVER. ARE THE RIMS ALUMINUM, AND ARE THE SPOKES STAINLESS STEEL. AND HOW ADJUSTABLE IS THE SUSPENSION.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast