Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY151 View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE FUEL TANK ON THE XF200 IS METAL OR PLASTIC, OR METAL WITH A PLASTIC COVER. ARE THE RIMS ALUMINUM, AND ARE THE SPOKES STAINLESS STEEL. AND HOW ADJUSTABLE IS THE SUSPENSION.
    Tank = Metal
    Rims = Aluminum
    Spokes = Stainless Steel
    Suspension - Front - non adjustable/ Rear - Preload and pressure (Schrader style valve...not all may have)

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    THANKS CARL, IM GOING TO LOOK AT ONE ON TUESDAY. I WILL PROBABLY END UP BUYING IT.
    IF I NEEDED TO STIFFEN UP THE FRONT SUSPENSION, CAN I JUST CHANGE THE OIL TO A HEAVIER WEIGHT, IM ABOUT 185 LBS.

Dirty,

Sweet! I think you'll enjoy the tire kicking process. If it's not any trouble, please take any and as many pictures as you can! I'd like to see how these bikes are displayed at dealerships. What dealer in Florida carries them?

Also, you and I are about the same weight and I think you'll find the front end okay...at least when it's new. Maybe Volks, Rizn or Vlad can comment on how it feels after some hammering.

CC

Yes, I was told that u can put a heavy weight oil on and it will stiffen the front forks up, have not done it yet, but will very soon, If you can get the xp200 enduro vs the xf200 I would because the forks I am told are longer, which would be better for jumping and probably could find a good set of fork springs to stiffen em up even more, the xf200 looks better and seat height is shorter, but the xp200 is set up more like the dr200 suzuki which is a good trail bike, but remember that even brand new stock hondas are not set up to take big jumps, I know a few really good riders who spend thousands on suspension setups so they can make big jumps, so whatever you get dont plan on doing big jumps, nothing over 10 foot, for that you need at least 6000.00 and some luck on a used honda, but for 2600.00 you can hit 5ft to 8ft and hit the road with the satisfaction u spent your money well

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    WELL, I BOUGHT AN XF200. SORRY, BUT I DID NOT GET ANY PICS AT THE DEALER. THERE REALLY WAS NOT ANYTHING WORTH TAKING PICS OF, AS THIS WAS THE LAST OF THE DUEL SPORT BIKES THEY HAD.

THEY ARE BASICLY A USED CAR DEALER THAT HAS STARTED SELLING IMPORT SCOOTERS AND MOTORCYCLES. THEY HAD ABOUT 25 - 30 NEW SCOOTERS AND MAYBE 10 USED CARS. NOT WHAT I EXPECTED I GUESS.

AS FAR AS THE BIKE GOES, I LIKE IT. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT RIDDEN IT MUCH, JUST UP AND DOWN THE STREET. I THINK I WILL GO THROUGH THE BIKE AND CHECK IT REAL GOOD THOUGH, AS I HAVE SEEN AN ERROR OR TWO IN ASSEMBLY. SUCH AS THE FRONT BRAKE LINE WAS ROUTED IMPROPERLY (UNDERNEATH THE SPEEDO AND TACH).

ALL IN ALL, CANT WAIT TO RIDE IT LOT MORE, AND EVEN TINKER WITH IT.

BTW
    RIZN, DID YOU GET YOUR BIKE IN FLORIDA? IF SO, WHICH DEALER?
    I PICKED UP MY BIKE FROM CHAMPION MOTOR WORLD IN JACKSONVILLE.
    Last edited by DIRTY151; 06-25-2008 at 05:05 AM.

My brake is also routed under instead of over like in most of the pics I have seen, I tried to re rout it but it is too short to put above, make sure your dealer sent in the warranty info, make sure it is important, if he didnt send it,u need too,call q-link they are helpful, read your manual,these bikes have a long brake-in period

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Heh Dirty, Congrats on finding and getting the bike. If there would have been a dealer close to me with the XF there would be a good chance that I would have one. Since I owe pictures of my Ninja (I'll take some this weekend), you need to do the same with your bike.

So far the Ninja has been great, it only has 800 miles on it and is like brand new. It took me a while to get used to revving it up to 13,000 RPMs, I was worried it would blow up the first few times. I'm pretty sure this thing will hit 100 on the speedo. Very fun so far.

Hmmm... Looking at Rizn's pictures (see how handy they are?!) it seems like they got fugged up in assembly somehow. Strange.

Not looking at the pretty lady, the brake lines should look like the picture below and the line in Rizn's photo seems to have a good bit of extra slack.

Have you guys tried to flop the line at the master cylinder?

CC

those have got to be the fattest/baddest dirt bike tires on earth.

just out of curiosity why did you go with such fat tires?

they are very cool lookin'.

I got them because I ride in super soft dirt out on a ranch deep in the woods, they sisnt have the xp version where I got my bike, I didnt know if the 18 rear and 21 front would fit or how to get of hold of them, this was the cheapest way to get me to work, plus with the size of the rims, these are what fit, and they look crazy, and me and crazy like to ,

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast