Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I called the dealer today and asked him about ordering me an XF200. He said they could for sure do that. He said he would call me back with color options and a price. He called back when I was in a meeting at work and left me a message. He said that Lifan does not have an XF200 - ouch . This guy is listed as a dealer on the Qlink web site! I left him a message back to check with Qlink. I might end up traveling for one of these or doing the delivery thing.

Volks - what kind of fuel milage are you getting with yours?

Thanks WG

Wisgolf,

-edit-
    QingQi has an importer partner located in Richmond, VA. You can contact them at (804) 231-5811

They will drop-ship and have a 6month or 1,000miles total warranty on all parts (excluding consumables like tires, brake pads, etc...). They are fully stocked with parts and offer a same or next day turn around on warranty/ordered parts.

They only have two of the 200GY Supermotards (QLinkXF200) left - one in silver and one in black. The reason why there are only two left is because the companies need to get their bikes EPA re-certified this year and apparently it's more difficult this time. The certs are in process but may be one or two months before it clears.

After that, they will bring in many more 200GY's and likely the QM200-2D

- Click for larger -

QLink is almost or already out of inventory and might not be getting more. I have asked QingQi in Richmond for more info and will make a separate post in the manufacturers section when it arrives.

Let me know if you have any questions or how it goes if you contact them.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

i was getting about 240 miles a tank with a 2.8 gallon tank. including reserve. now with my big 135 jet i lost about 20 or so miles a tank. obviously just an estimation.
    Last edited by volksjagger; 06-12-2008 at 04:57 PM.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The local dealer called me back. He is now clear about what bike I want. He called Qlink and they are sold out for at least a few weeks. He did mention the XR200, somehow I missed that one on Qlinks site. That looks like a pretty nice bike as well. One encouraging thing - it sounds like he will order me a bike and sell it well below list price. He is selling the Lifan 5 for $1595 otd. I might have to consider that bike for that price as well, even though my first impression wasn't strong. It was hard for me to look past the cartoon decals on the bike.

You might not want to order the XR200 (manuf by ZongShen). They are the dual sport model previous to the XF/XP (manuf by QingQi) which sold well but turned out to be mechanical nightmares with no available parts and left quite a few people burned.

I have seen plenty of these in China and had one myself for a little while helping a guy sell it. Even new, after less than 2,000 miles they develop weird problems that you can never seem to fix. Again, parts are not available for this bike anymore unless you buy some off of SamM's XR200 parts skeleton.

If you smell around on the internet you will find them selling for 800 bucks just to clear their inventory.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

pretty sure you are referring to the xp200. not familiar with a xr200.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/product5.php?id=57

not trying to correct you just wanna be sure we are talking about the same machine.

btw, the jp/fmf pipe will slip on that too!
    Last edited by volksjagger; 06-12-2008 at 06:15 PM.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Heh Volks,

It's an XR if you google on Qlink XR it will come up, I am going to stay away from it based on info from the other post. There is another bike that I located in the area, its a Zongshen Dakar, any inputs on that bike? It looks like its the same brand as the not recommended Qlink XR, so maybe its not a good pick either.

Thanks everyone, I've been getting great info.

Quote Originally Posted by volksjagger View Post
    pretty sure you are referring to the xp200. not familiar with a xr200.
    Volks, here is the XRanger 200 that used to be sold by Qlink, and is still available through Qlink in Mexico

http://www.qlinkmotor.com.mx/product4.php?id=36#

Zongshen still has these around as new under their own brand name, although they might be leftover '06's. They look great, but looks can be deceiving. Anthony from JP told me that the XF200 is like comparing night to day with the old Qlink XR200--many warranty issues, etc.

hey culcune! good to hear from you! i enjoy your insight an passion.

well not to beat a dead horse, but as i was saying, it is an xp200 in america, land of the free. unless wisgolf lives in mexico, he would be referring to the xp200. as shown above and here as well, http://www.qlinkmotor.com/product5.php?id=57. i have not ridden one and don't claim they are of the same quality the xf200 has shown me. but clearly the xr200 has proved itself to have issues. now lets get some perspective on a xp200 from a xp200 owner. as the xp200 and the xr200 are not the same vehicle. i think they may be hard to find since the xf200 is available.

on to the next point. qlink dealers were out of stock for 2 weeks (roughly) but now have been fully restocked with 2008 xf200s. i know. i saw them with my own two eyes. if you look on the left side of the swingarm, amongst the emission control information, the year is listed. 2008. they had 10 or more in every color.

here they are, just for the heck of it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast