Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    C-Moto Noob
    Those of you who are connected to the Suzhou sidecar club or frequent the Tianma track probably have heard stories about Wiseco coming to China and wondering if it was ever really going to happen. Well, I can assure you that it HAS HAPPENED! Performance Motorsports Inc, parent company of Wiseco, JE, ProX and Innovate has formally began setting up PMI Asia, a distribution and technical center in SIP. Our primary focus on the automotive side, but we are taking on Powersports projects too.

We had great success back in 2007 when we worked with Panyu based FYM to win the CSBK 150cc championship. I recently met with the original team manager and he told me the same engines Wiseco built in 2007 still had enough power to place 3rd in last years CSBK with only replacing the pistons. Our current PS focus is on developing an engine enhancement kit for the CJ750, a race kit for the CBF150 and user installable Harley 883 to 1200 conversion kit. These should all be in stock and available forsale by June. We can also provide you any Wiseco, JE, ProX or Innovate shelf stock product within a reasonable leadtime and can handle custom piston orders through JE or Wiseco for any model.

We will have full boring and honing capabilities by early summer and will be able to do cylinder head modifications by late 2011 or early 2012. To support all of this we've brought over one of Wiseco's top technical people for a 2+ year assignment.

Happy Riding!

Jim
    MD PMI-Asia

2. #2 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    Hi Jim,

Great to hear that you guys actually moving ahead with this! There's been a lot of talk at Mr Wang's shop about these pistons and engine enhancements for the CJ so i'm glad to see it's becoming reality. If i can afford them, i'll be first in line as a guinea pig tester! I had the pleasure of meeting one of you last year (i presume he was with you), a very friend japanese guy who stayed at Wang's shop for a few weeks i believe. Is he the man you're bringing over on the 2 year assignment?

Best of luck with this project, i'm sure i'll be hearing more about you soon!

Cheers,

Felix

3. #3 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    C-Moto Noob
    Felix,

We are certainly excited to be here! Mr. Wang has been chasing us for a long time to help with the engine and it has gone much slower than we wanted, but the first stage is nearly ready and we should be test fitting the new cylinders at Mr. Wang's place or our place later this month or early next month.

Our expat is an American named Brian. The Japanese guy you met works for our distribution partner who has a couple of seperate shops for engine repair and modification. Our facility will be a stand alone machine shop specifically for precision engine components, but yes we are all connected.

Jim

4. #4 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI-Asia View Post
    we should be test fitting the new cylinders at Mr. Wang's place or our place later this month or early next month
    Cool, that's great news and i'm excited to see the results! Finally, 70 years after its birth, that engine gets an upgrade! That's just brilliant.

5. #5 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Wait a minute! I thought Jimbo has been doing CJ750 engine upgrades for years. Oh yeah. He throws them out and retrofits a surplus BMW boxer. So maybe now Jim find some use for the pile of CJ750 engines behind his shop...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Wait a minute! I thought Jimbo has been doing CJ750 engine upgrades for years. Oh yeah. He throws them out and retrofits a surplus BMW boxer. So maybe now Jim find some use for the pile of CJ750 engines behind his shop...
    Well there are an increasing number of Chinese middle classes and beyond who're spending some of their disposable income on boats and other water related pleasure craft... I'd assume there's likely be a market for melted down boat anchors - no?

7. #7 Re: Wiseco, ProX and JE ready to enter the China market 
    Bikerdoc, i think a 250 maxiscooter would make a great boat anchor too!