Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just bought me a 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro. Looking to get some more info on the bike. What kind of engine does it have? An OHV or an OHC 163 Lifan motor? Has TMEC stamped on the left but I'm pretty sure it's actually a Lifan engine. Looked up the stats online but they only give so much info. For $1500 brand new, was able to title it here in Indiana as a motorcycle and had only 1 mile on the odo it's a bargain! Bought it locally from a dealer. Went with the Enduro over a 150cc scooter. What kind of things should I do before driving it? From what I understand initial prep is a major key in longevity. Will post up more pics once I get it home, dealer (mechanic) wanted to drive it before I take possesion. Think he's going to tune the carbs if need be. Also, it's been raining here non stop and when it isn't, it's sooo cold. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    VT247

2. #2 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Welcome to the forum VT247!
    Thanks for the pics, a nice looking machine. Apparently a zongshen (lifan) engine. Others here know more than that I am sure but it is based on a Honda and quite well liked.

You probably already know the commonsense stuff, fully charge the battery, check leads and make sure all the bolts are in place and OK. If it has 1 km on it from being run around rather than just a badly set odometer then I would clean the carby in case it has been around a while with a bit of deteriorating fuel in it. People have different opinions on running-in but a magnetic sump plug will help, however you do it change the oil first once warm, its only a litre. Most say mineral (wet clutch type) for first kms before changing to synth, but read the threads on that and decide. There are threads here on bearing lube too a spart of preparation, but if you aren't going off-road much, not such a problem as a choice for longevity.

Foot peg looks like a slippery one but it looks otherwise well prepared; good to see sump-guard and fork-guards and a rack. Experience says look under seat for pinched wires and plastic left wrapped round filter etc! Check welds, they may be rough but are usually solid. once you get going, you may want to change rear sprocket if you want road use as a commuter. Check tyre brand and Google for forum reports, some stock are very slippery.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hey, VT, welcome to the forum. If we can just put our finger on who made that bike -- surely manufactured as a unit somewhere here in China -- it should not be too hard to find everything you need to know about it.

Can you provide a few more pictures, particularly of the engine from both sides, and maybe under the seat. Best if you can find the manufacturer's plate that's riveted to the frame somewhere. That should tell us all you need to know!

Looks like a fun little ride.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    $1500?? That's insanity

You were lucky, I'd say.

If I were you, I would lube everything by normal maintenance routine, change engine oil, change front fork oil, and treat metal parts with some corrosion prevention agent as well as the frame from inside.

5. #5 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks all! Really excited about this bike. Know a good deal about cars, but haven't had a motor bike for a long time. Might go out to the dealer again today and take some more pics. Needs to warm up to at least 50* F outside and fast. Want to start riding it! Thanks for having me here. Always good to have a forum for questions.
    VT247

6. #6 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Noob
    Drove it home today even thought it was just in the 40's. Did a few quick adjustments. Need to tune the carb but not sure how. Anyone got a link? Which is the idle air adjustment screw? What is the scrdw going up into the carb from below? What type of engine is this and is there an online manual for these? Where to get parts such as brakes etc? Here are a few pics of the engine and such.

Changed the oil and recycled it by dumping it down the gas tank of my truck. Checked for pinched wires or left over plastic wrap. Checked the air box and it looked good. Can't wait to start driving it, should be a lot of fun and economical on gas!
    VT247

7. #7 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    the carb looks like a pz-26 to me.
    I have one of these installed in my pitbike, runs fine without any adjustment. Are you sure tweaking mixture setting?

8. #8 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    If it is the PZ26 then read this manual http://walbro.com/brochurefiles/3368...g%20Manual.pdf
    Sure it is the idle mix you need? May be set lean at factory to meet emissions standards so will need jet dropped probably.
    Here for jet comparisons: http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

9. #9 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I think this is the information about the exporter. They are certainly not a manufacturer. Others in this forum can probably sort out who actually makes it.

cheers

COMPANY: WUXI TMEC POWER TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
    ADDRESS: Wuxi Xishan Economic Development Zone (Dongting) Chunhui Road junction
    OSTCODE: 214101
    TEL: 051088262285
    FAX:
    EMAIL:
    COMPANY CODE: 3202967286
    COMPANY TYPE: Private
    经营单位: 无锡泰迈克动力科技有限公司
    地址: 无锡市锡山经济开发区(东亭)春晖路路口
    邮编: 214101
    电话: 051088262285
    传真:
    电子邮件:
    联系人: 张苏
    企业代码: 3202967286
    企业性质: 私营企业
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #10 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    This is not the same engine but it may help, posted by our member JTC, http://jamestowncomputer.com/app/dow...sh_Version.pdf

Here it says zhongshen engine but you cannot always trust that! They say it twice though ... http://mefast.com/TMEC200/200ccEnduro.html
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast