Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Thanks, good video. Don't try to piss you but traditionally that kind of bikes you have has been called super motos and not enduros. Though since in your bike is written "enduro" I guess academics too could call it enduro lol.

And by the way your enduro not only saves gas but should be much more fun to ride than a car, if you are that type of person. That said, funnily enough I could say cars are anti-american when compared to motorcycles :)

2. #22 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Nice looking bike and good luck with it. Looks pretty nice
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #23 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Regular
    Looks good - seen a few of the 125 versions on Ebay in the UK but never seen a 200 version - smart wheel rims ! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TMEC-125-Motor...item4cf509ca7e Let us know how you get on with it , still running my 200 in and it seems busy around 50mph so need to do some rpm checks - like yours no tacho . Enjoy !

4. #24 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    bojer, I commented on chinariders to vacationtime247 about googling TMEC enduro and TMEC 200 and many sites from the UK pop up, regarding the TMEC 125's. Have you heard how those hold up? I figure the 125, 150 and 200cc engines in the Chinese dirt bikes have been sorted out by now thanks in part to this site, chinariders, and others like it, but how have the rest of the bikes held up? We read about your long journey to Spain...The TMECs look good, but here in the US, they might have only been a few container special as not too many places seem to have them...

5. #25 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Noob
    Googled TMEC and not much came up for here in the states. Only one I've seen around. Dealer I purchased this off of said he bought it at a bike show. Said the distributor was looking for outlets to sell and ship to. Appears the 125cc's are identical except for the engine. Should make parts easier to acquire.

Took it out and around yesterday. Seems to idle high after I take it out of gear once running and warmed up. It will idle lower once I let out on the clutch to reduce rpm's. Then it will stay idled low. Adjusted the idle / air out 2 turns. The idle stop on the side is turned down. The carb is a YZ30. Think I may remove the carb and adjust the needle. Don't have a tach to go off of either. May add one later along with a GPS. Got to disconnect that screaming alarm for a turn signal reminder to!

Overall ride and drive is great. Plenty of pep and go! Already got the Indiana Title back from the DMV too. Registration and plate was simple.
    VT247

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    bojer, I commented on chinariders to vacationtime247 about googling TMEC enduro and TMEC 200 and many sites from the UK pop up, regarding the TMEC 125's. Have you heard how those hold up? I figure the 125, 150 and 200cc engines in the Chinese dirt bikes have been sorted out by now thanks in part to this site, chinariders, and others like it, but how have the rest of the bikes held up? We read about your long journey to Spain...The TMECs look good, but here in the US, they might have only been a few container special as not too many places seem to have them...

6. #26 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    bojer, , regarding the TMEC 125's. Have you heard how those hold up? I
    To be honest I have not had any personal experience of them but from what I've seen the build quality seems to be at the "better" end. As you say the engines are pretty standard , not heard of any real bad stuff about the bikes at all - usual requirements of doing the PDI - check chain tension , change plug/oil , check valve clearances etc and enjoy low worry/investment motorcycling !

7. #27 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Noob

Another video of the Enduro. Weathers getting warmer : )
    VT247

8. #28 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Thanks of the video. You have sunny and warm there. We have here -5 C and snow everywhere! It is still much better than the current winter which was -30 C average or so motorcyclist hater winter!

9. #29 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    We have here -5 C and snow everywhere! It is still much better than the current winter which was -30 C average or so motorcyclist hater winter!
    Hey, Mikko, you are still having freezing temperatures in the daytime??? Ouch. No wonder people drink so much up there! Say, how about updating your profile with your your location so new members know where "here" is!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #30 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Done. Wish I just could update my physical location as easily during the winter!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast