Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    You're too old for this accessory.

88 years old is not too old

2. #42 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Senior
    I would like to hear from the original poster here how his TMEC is holding up, as I am very seriously thinking of ordering one. They are waiting for a shipment to arrive and it's supposed to be there sometime this month (June). I see it has a pushrod engine, which I consider to be a plus. Since even the Japanese are still having problems with cam chain tensioners, I'd rather have a pushrod motor. This is a known issue even on the fine Suzuki DRZ400S engines. Many owners switch to a manual camchain adjuster.

3. #43 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Attachment 11996

New accessory for the TMEC. What do you guys think?
    Now that's what I call farkle! Does she respond when you say, "Whaddaya say we go for a ride, Miss Farkle?"

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #44 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    I would like to hear from the original poster here how his TMEC is holding up, as I am very seriously thinking of ordering one. They are waiting for a shipment to arrive and it's supposed to be there sometime this month (June). I see it has a pushrod engine, which I consider to be a plus. Since even the Japanese are still having problems with cam chain tensioners, I'd rather have a pushrod motor. This is a known issue even on the fine Suzuki DRZ400S engines. Many owners switch to a manual camchain adjuster.
    You would be best to try to track him down from his youtube video. The other youtube poster 'vacationtime247' had just answered someone 2 months ago, and another guy chimed in on his long-term ownership experience on the same video as vacationtime247 (he is from Indiana).

I guess Excalibur has sold out of his first shipment, but he is the official distributor for the TMEC enduro and supplies dealers across the country, so that does not mean you couldn't order one from mefast distributors (who are the only authorized online dealers of the TMEC enduro). Or wait until the newest shipment comes in, since that gives you contemplation time.

I am still commuting daily on mine (on surface roads) 15 miles each way back and forth to work for a total of 150 miles/week. Since you will be the one assembling it, you have the ability to put it together correctly. Mine was PDI'd from a dealer out of California who used to carry them (when TMEC had its own California office and Excalibur weren't the only guys carrying them), but I don't know how many miles or abuse it had been put through. The engine has been running like a champ, with me changing the oil every 2 or three weeks.

I did have a custom 40 tooth rear sprocket made, which might have been overkill, although now i have 15 tooth front sprocket to mke 5th gear worth having. My suggestion is to track down a 48 tooth rear from England's ebay, and leave the front 17 t stock. Heck you might even like the 56 tooth rear...

The engine does vibrate more than the couter-balanced Lifan engines, but it serves me fine.

Overall a nice bike and you should be able to get it for a wholesale price, since he has no Hawaii dealers

5. #45 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Now that's what I call farkle! Does she respond when you say, "Whaddaya say we go for a ride, Miss Farkle?"

cheers!
    She is a friend of my wife who wants to learn how to ride. Ironically, the bike is too short for her; I am relatively short, too, and have to tip-toe at stop signs and stop lights, but she is not able to put her foot down without tipping the bike. In other words, she will not be learning on this one, which is a shame since it isn't worth much, but since I do commute daily, is worth more whole than in broken pieces...

6. #46 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anyone know where i can get a new rear hub or whole wheel?
    TMEC 200

7. #47 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    I still have my original hub. Several months ago, I ripped my hub off the spokes when I had decided to ride the bike after changing the rear sprocket to a 40 teeth one I had custom made for me. A few of the bolts broke taking the stock 56 off, but I was so eager to try the 40 t one, I rode it anyway. The laws of physics reared its ugly head as I discovered why sprockets need all their bolts. The sprocket tore off of the hub, which also messed up several spokes. I ordered a new rear wheel from Excalibur www.atv4usa which I mentioned on your other thread, because I didn't have time to play around fixing the wheel (or attempting to repair it) since I commute on the bike 30 miles round trip daily (love the large tank!). Let me see the condition of mine if you could use it. Let me know here or PM me.

8. #48 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I contacted them like you said and they do have whole spares i might just order one but idk if the rear rim from the super moto is the same or not. They are amazing on gas i use mine primarly in the woods and it gets ridden hard. Ive had alot of stuff brake but this is the first thing ive had trouble with. Ill PM you thanks for the help
    TMEC 200

9. #49 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    I just called excalibur since I needed a light bulb for the headlight, and spoke to them about your wheel...I should have realized you had off road wheels and tires since it broke in the woods.

10. #50 Re: 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I spoke with them today also they said it could be ordered but it could be up to 2 mths apparently when they order them they come in the container with the rest of the bikes they order. They said they are going to contact the manufacture and get back to me with the exact price. Im willing to wait because its already been broken since last thanksgiving. they quoted me 140 plus shipping on the one they had in stock but its not the right one. The new model has the same rims as mine but they said they couldnt take them off of one of he ones they have in stock. Looks like ill just have to wait
    TMEC 200

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast