Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 New QingQi200GY/XF200 Slip-on pipe! 
    cc,

thanks a lot! i am glad you like the video! i had a lot of fun making it.
    i'm really enjoying http://www.mychinamoto.com.

here is the one i just made yesterday for the new xf200 jp/fmf custom pipe.

a significant power gain with this pipe. i absolutely love it. i have the first one ever made! i never dreamed this would be the result of my persistence. looks like i was bugging the right people carl!

it is my honor to be the man telling the world about it. that is why i have the first one. custom fabricated to slip on the xf200. so you know what that means! it will fit the quinqi, the stx, the hooper etc. they are $199.00! just be sure to tell them volksjagger sent you!

Wow that's nice to see! I've got so many questions!

1) Any numbers on the increase in performance? What other engine mods need to be done with the pipe (jets, airbox, etc.)

2) How does it change the exhaust note/sound?

3) How long does it take to install?

4) If someone buys it, how long until it arrives on doorstep? Are they all made one-off? Available internationally?

Great work man. Nothing will happen in this industry without persistence and it does pay off, just not always immediately. This kind of elbow work is exactly what we need!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

ya you definitely need one. you will love it. it goes on quick. about 5 minutes. lets say 30 min from start to finish. That includes taking the stock pipe off. The only fabrication end users will need to do is drill a hole in a provided bracket. then just line it up and bolt it on. i did not do it but watched it being done and felt like i could have done it myself easily. just don't over think it (not that you would). it truly is a slip on.

the sound is super beefy now. it is much louder. it sounds really good. i don't think louder is better. personally i prefer a quiet pipe but i still love it.

i really do not have any numbers, as it is what it is. i would estimate a 10% increase in power maybe more. i think more like 15%. i did put a bigger jet in the mikuni carburetor. i went from a 122.5 to a 135! I may be going back down about 8 sizes or so! that is tbd.

the other 2 mods are a 6 tooth front sprocket from a 15 tooth and 2 small holes drilled into the air box lid. that's it.

i can blaze down the highway at 80 mph and that was the goal. i was doing that even before the new pipe with just the new jet and sprocket.

at this point more are being fabricated. you could say "they are all made one-off". you are witnessing the birth of this endeavor! i will have to check about international but i don't see why not. as shipping fees are the end users responsibility. i was anticipating shipping internationally but tbd as of now.

as far as how long it will take to ship, as you could probably figure out from the previous statement, will depend on immediate demand. i know everyone wants it but will everyone actually buy one? i guess another tbd!!!

it is very exciting and i am very proud. i did not build the thing but i lit the fire that got it done! have a look at some still pics i took earlier today.

Last edited by volksjagger; 06-12-2008 at 01:05 AM.

looks like the pipe is selling well. jp will have more in stock this week.

unfortunately they will not ship internationally due to credit card fraud.

but if you live in the continental u.s. you'll get free shipping.

when in stock ships next day.

if i have not mentioned this previously, i am not selling, just telling.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi from Ukraine. volksjagger its nice looking exhaust, and sounds cool.
    I'm driving same bike for just 4 mounth, and found in really good (specialy when you realise how much you pay). I modifie it but to another side. I realy like to go off-road, but original tyres is not good for it. So first of all I replace tyres and discs with 18" and 21" off-road type. Some my friends in Ukraine they changing rear sprocket to 43 (this size very easy to find in here). I left rear sprocket as original 48 ( off-road I need more torque then speed).

Some of us doing some modifications in carburators (such as lifting jet needle to one groove up) as well. Its bring some power incresement but together with gas consamption.
    Sorry for my English. Will see this post time to time. Me and my friend will glad to comunicate with all guys how want to make his bike better. Will replay on questions. OK have a good ride.
    Attached Images

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, I forget to say. I fabricated a little cargo trunk. I driving mostly off-road and don't like to wear back bag.
    Attached Images

vladg,

great to see you here! i too have re-jetted the carburetor and moved the needle one notch as well as adjusted the float.

i have swapped out the front sprocket to a 16 tooth and of course added the jp/fmf pipe. the motorcycle has come alive! much more power.

is your bike the 125cc like in france or the 200cc?

and that is a very nice rack you have there! well done! i am interested in adding a rack and a cargo box as i dislike wearing a backpack also.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    volksjagger, my bike is 200cc. Its just a few month ago appear 125cc on Ukrainian market. But I don't think 125cc will be popular in Ukraine. For all bikes more than 50cc here you have to have full registration and driving licence. And the price not much different from 200cc. I vote for 200.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by volksjagger View Post
    unfortunately they will not ship internationally due to credit card fraud.
    If everyone adopted that attitude there would be no Internet commerce at all, as traders they have to accept some risks, I'm afraid. A very negative attitude as, for example I could be a potential customer for that item...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    volksjagger, can you do us in Europe a favour?:
    I notice that your exhaust pipe does not have a secondary air inlet port, so I think that your silencer has no oxidation catalyst either. Both these items are needed here in the EU to comply with some fatuous regulations about emissions.
    If you have a look down the muffler, on the pipe end, can you see a honeycomb-like device plugging the intake? this is the catalyser.
    It looks something like one of these:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast