Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: XRoad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 XRoad 
    Been admiring the looks of this thing for a while. And now it is in Aus. But really it is yet another 233cc chinabike in a pretty frame I think? Tell me its hardly any better than my old 200cc bomb, not worth thinking about ...

xroad.jpg

http://www.sachsbikes.com.au/xroad.php
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #2 Re: XRoad 
    I saw that awhile back too, Jape. I like it also except for the front fender. I think that it would look a whole lot better with the "standard" curve to it. I like how it doesn't have the large side scoops that most bikes have, however. You know, the ones that make it look like it's water cooled....um, like my Qlink XF200.

3. #3 Re: XRoad 
    I was trying to find a Qlink or Qinqi 250 in Aus. when I came across this. Sachs probably know what they are doing and once upon a time they were doing quality control somewhere in china on the 'Express' and 'Madass' bikes so you never know, could be a good machine.

That is a very long and angled exhaust run though, good low end perhaps?

I agree about the fender David, would probably just cut it short as I am about to do on the Kinlon as it flaps about all the time and doesn't seem to stop much water. I always think these fenders all look too short at back (of front) and too long in front. Mine has a three-point bolt thing otherwise I would just swap it back to front and the longer front turned to the back of the front would protect the engine more. (Makes sense to me anyway!)

I wonder if that frame is alloy? Doubt it somehow. I learnt a long time ago with women not to go on looks, but this is a pretty bike, would surely have to go faster with that red frame?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: XRoad 
    Its a real pretty bike I like the naked look to it.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #5 Re: XRoad 
    Looks very similar to the Megelli (which I believe are available in Australia, correct, Jape?)

http://www.bennche.com/product/Megelli_250m-gallery.htm

6. #6 Re: XRoad 
    I have only seen the road version of that Megelli, 250R, there's a young guy suited up in yellow leather and yellow full face, he rides a yellow one around town I see all the time. He seems to enjoy it a lot, at least he goes round and round the back streets just ripping away from the one set of traffic lights ... he's either bored with his xmas toy or maybe he hopes to come across and impress a female Megelli and breed?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #7 Re: XRoad 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    he's either bored with his xmas toy or maybe he hopes to come across and impress a female Megelli and breed?

Good one

It seems like the motard is not made...there is one guy on youtube from Croatia who has a few videos of the motard in 125cc form, and a couple of others, but that is it! In the US, I have only seen the sport bike advertised at JP Motorsports in San Diego who were the Qlink/Qingqi 200 enduro gurus a few years ago (probably still are) and a few reviews and comparison tests, but that is it...

8. #8 Re: XRoad 
    Uh, forget it. Cast aluminium wheels are bad and fragile off-tarmac as are street tyres.

9. #9 Re: XRoad 
    By sheer coincidence I nearly rammed that local bike rider into the wall of a bluestone railway bridge yesterday, he was going much too fast and just on the middle line.

The Saga company who do the Saga 250 in Canada are thinking of importing the Megelli 250R so they may know of any Motard version, seem pretty clued in, and I also saw somewhere that the Megelli motard was in USA as a Qlink. So those guys in SD might know more. I decided to be sensible and stop looking at all the different bikes and stick to the Kinlon for now, especially as the exhaust just fell of the car - again. Back to hunting down a decent Suzuki Jimney and put the Kinlon and a tent on a trailer. I wish it was overland to China from Aus., I might just have to buy a boat too. And a HK for the pirates.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

10. #10 Re: XRoad 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Jape, surely there are ferries from Darwin to PNG or Java and then more for island hopping up into Malaysia. That's what I've been figuring for my ride from Shanghai to Oz.

Hadn't thought about pirates.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast